Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Just now noticed my own Wedding Announcement - downsouth entry dated 7 Nov 2022.
While serving in the RN, I met Rita here in Perth, WA and proposed after 4, yes 4 days. We are married 50 years and 8 months later - mainly, I must add, due to her patience as I can be a difficult man to live with.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

It never occurred to me that that could be you, Jim; it's a small world.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Concluding the In Memoriam entries for 31st March 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

NICOL - In loving memory of my dear husband John, died 31st March 1969.
I never thought when I woke that morn,
The sorrow that that day would bring;
No word of warning, no last farewell,
But in my heart you will always dwell.
To hide my sorrow I always try,
I laugh with others, alone I cry;
A thousand tomorrows I would give,
If only God had let you live.
Inserted by his loving wife, Isa Nicol; sons, John, William and Jim; daughter-in-law, June; grandson, wee Stewart, 90 Ardoch Crescent, Stevenston.

You slept away quietly,
Your thoughts unknown;
But you left me a memory, father,
I am proud to own.
A thousand tomorrows I would give,
If only God had let you live;
Till the end of time dear father
I will love and remember you.
inserted by his loving daughter, Sadie, son-in-law, Gavin, and grandchildren, Neil, Iain and Morag.

There is a picture in the heart,
Which is worth more than silver or gold;
It is a picture of my father,
Which will never grow old.
Inserted by his daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter, Catherine, Campbell and wee Kaye, Irvine.

PALMER - In loving memory of my dear mother, Elizabeth Duncan, who died 26th March 1968.
Never more than a thought away,
Loved and remembered every day.
Inserted by Martha, Tom and family, 61 Redstone Avenue, Kilwinning.

SHEDDEN - In remembrance of our much loved daughter, Elaine Mary, died 31st March 1964, aged 7 years.
For all the blessings life has brought,
For all the sorrowing hours have taught,
For all we mourn, for all we keep,
The hands we clasp, the loved that sleep.
Inserted by her loving parents, brother and sister, 33 Wingate Avenue, Dalry.

In loving memory of my wee granddaughter and our niece, Elaine, died 31st March 1964.
Your memory, Elaine, will never grow old,
It's locked in our hearts in letters of gold.
Inserted by her granny, aunts, uncles, and cousins, Dalry and Canada.

In loving memory of our dear granddaughter and niece, died 31st March 1964, aged 7 years.
Our dear Elaine the Lord did take,
To sit at His side at Heaven's gate.
Inserted by Granny Brown, Aunt Rita, Uncle Bill, of Beith; Aunt Marjorie, Uncle Walter, Kilbirnie.

SLOAN - In loving memory of my dear husband and father, John Sloan, died 6th April 1970; son and brother, William Sloan, died 31st March 1968; and gran, Mary Sloan, died 30th March 1968.
Father, thou God of tender love and grace,
Thou art in sorrow's hour a hiding place;
Here would me rest in Thine assurance deep;
All, all is well with those in Christ asleep.
Inserted by his loving wife, Sarah, family, and grandchildren.

SNEDDON - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dear father, John, who died 29th March, 1966.
We miss his smile, his kindly ways;
With him we spent our happiest days.
Inserted by his loving wife and all his family, also all his grandchildren, 29 Druid Drive, Kilwinning.

STEVENSON - In loving memory of my dear sister, May Stirling, died 25th March 1971.
She suffered much, her pleasures were few,
She never deserved what she went through;
She stood the test and stood it well,
What she suffered no one can tell.
She left us quietly, her thoughts unknown, But she left a memory we are proud to own.
Inserted by Annie, Peter, and family, and mother.

THOMSON - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dear father, John Campbell Thomson, who died 2nd April 1958.
As time enfolds another year,
Loving memories hold you dear.
Inserted by his loving wife and family, 19 Boydston Road, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting on the entries for April 7 1972, we come to the Births.

BIRTHS

COOPER - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on on 23rd March 1972, to Ernest and Janette ( nee McLean ), a daughter ( Caron ); both well. Thanking all in attendance.

DALE - At Simpson Memorial Hospital, Edinburgh, on 29th March 1972, to Archie and Lynda, 87 Mansefield, East Calder, the gift of a daughter 9 Yvonne ); both well.

FORBES - At Buckreddan Maternity Home, on 3rd April 1972, to Marshall and Jan ( Steven ),a son ( Paul ), a brother for Julie; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

HAMILTON - Robert and Alva ( McIntosh ) , 34 Frew Terrace, Irvine, are delighted to announce the birth of their daughter ( Clare ), at Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 22nd March 1972; both well. Thanking all hospital staff in attendance.

LAWLESS - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 30th March 1972, to Edward and Elizabeth ( nee Imrie ) , 28 Broomlands Road, Dreghorn, a son ( James Edward ); both well. Thanking all in attendance.

McKECHAN - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 3rd April 1972, to Robbie and Elisabeth ( McGreish ), 49 Whitehirst Park, Kilwinning, a son; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

PROUSE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 30th March 1972, to Alfred and Jean ( Mathieson ), a daughter ( Kelly ). Thanking all in attendance.

TEMPLETON - At Irvine Central Hospital, on 31st March 1972, to John and Margaret ( Evans ), 56 Whitlees Court, Ardrossan, a son ( Colin Walker ); both well. Thanking doctors and nursing staff.

WILLIAMS - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 1st April 1972, to David and Maureen ( nee Cook ), 3 Firth View Terrace, Ardrossan, the gift of a son ( David ). Thanking all in attendance.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The Engagements now from 7th April 1972.

ENGAGEMENTS

CALLUS - BRYCE - The engagement is announced between Godwin, younger son of Mr and Mrs P Callus, Malta, and Jane Porter, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs W H Bryce,6 Hamilton Crescent, Stevenston.

LINDSAY - STRACHAN - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement between Peter, eldest son of Mr and Mrs C Lindsay, 9 The Riggs, Stevenston, and Margaret, only daughter of Mr and Mrs J Strachan, " Park View ", 52 Stevenston Road, Kilwinning.

MACLEOD - McAVENNA - The engagement is announced between Neil F Macleod, MB , ChB, DCH, youngest son of Mr and Mrs A McKean, Fuengirola, Spain, and Maureen T McAvenna, RGN, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs W McAvenna, 26 West Crescent, Troon.

McCLUSKEY - McNAIRNEY - The engagement is announced between Peter, eldest son of Mr and Mrs M McCluskey, 13 Anderson Drive, Irvine, and Doreen, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs J McNairney, 125 Dalry Road, Saltcoats.

McGLINN - GALLAGHER - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of Patrick Gerrard, only son of Mr and Mrs W McGlinn, 82 Westmoreland Road, Greenock, to Kathleen Theresa, only daughter of Mr and Mrs T Gallagher, 5 Broomfield Street, Kilwinning.

MITCHELL - KIRK - The engagement is announced between John, elder son of the late Victor Mitchell and of Mrs C Mitchell, 43 Lawson Drive, Ardrossan, and Rose Ann, only daughter of the late Thomas Kirk and of Mrs H Kirk, 17 Lainshaw Square, Kilwinning.

STEEL - YOUNG - Both families are pleased to announce the engagement of Robert William, only son of Mr and Mrs W Steel, Eglinton Cottages, Irvine, to Catriona Mary, only daughter of the late Mrs E Young and Mr D S Young, 26 The Corries, Claggan, Fort William.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first of the Marriages now from 7th April 1972.

MARRIAGES

ADRAIN - McINROY - At Reid Memorial Church, Hurlford, on 31st March 1972, Charles Rae, younger son of Mr and Mrs W Adrain, 3 Wilson Avenue, Irvine, to Moira, second daughter of Mr and Mrs E McInroy, 52 Seright Square, Crookedholm.

BARNES - REID - At Barony Church, Ardrossan, on 30th March 1972, by Rev James Ewing, MA, BD, Graham, eldest son of Mr and Mrs G Barnes, 152 Okebourne Road, Brentry, Bristol, to Elaine, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs T J Reid, 43 Eglinton Road, Ardrossan.

BENSON - KEY - At St Agatha's Church, Brightwell, on 25th March 1972, Raymond, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Frank Benson, to Cathrine, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Malcolm Key, " Norwesters ", Bell Lane, Brightwell.

BLAIR - HAMILTON - At Erskine Church, Saltcoats, on 31st March 1972, by the Rev H Kirkwood, Alex Niven Blair, only son of Mr and Mrs Campbell Blair, 10 Murdoch Crescent, Stevenston, to Katrina, younger daughter of Mr and Mrs J Hamilton, 11 Springvale Street, Saltcoats.

CROCKER - KERR - At Park Parish Church, Ardrossan, on 1st April 1972, by the Rev G Wilson, assisted by the Rev D Lyall, Keith, only son of Mr and Mrs J Crocker, 67 The Braes, Saltcoats, to Moira, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs J M Kerr, 6 Churchill Drive, Ardrossan.

FORSYTH - ROBERTSON - At Dreghorn & Perceton Old Parish Church, on 1st April 1972, by the Rev W Stuart Dunn, LTh, assisted by the Rev George Scott, Dundee, James Richard, son of Mr and Mrs J Forsyth, 2A Craigie Way, Ayr, to Ann Pyper Scott, daughter of Mr and Mrs Wm Robertson, 68 Ford Avenue, Dreghorn.

GALLAGHER - JOHNSON - At Troon Old Parish Church, on 22nd March 1972, by the Rev Allan Young, David, only son of Mr Samuel Gallagher and of the late Mrs Jane Gallagher, 10 Craig Road, Troon, to Elaine Margaret, only daughter of Mr and Mrs John H Johnson, 41 Noth Shore Road, Troon.

LAWRIE - BURNS - At North Parish Church, Saltcoats, on 24th March 1972, Brian, youngest son of Mrs B Lawrie of 7 Seaton Terrace, Irvine, to Margaret, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs James Burns, 32 Millar Road, Saltcoats.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Marriages from 7th April 1972 now, and the wedding anniversaries.

MARRIAGES ( concluded )

LEE - McKELLAR - At Landsborough and Trinity Church, Saltcoats, on 29th March 1972, by Rev D Weir, Henry Salvona, son of the late J Lee and of Mrs A Lee, 37 Eglinton Street, Saltcoats, to Lorraine Buchanan, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs D McKellar, 5 Ashgrove Road, Ardrossan.

ROBERTSON - CRAWFORD - At Portland Church, Troon, on 24th March 1972, by the Rev J Gordon Grant, BD, Ronald, only son of Mr and Mrs H N Robertson, 37 Kaimes Road, Corstophine, Edinburgh, to Irene, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs J W I Crawford, 21 North Shore Road, Troon.

SHARPE - McKEE - At the EU Congregational Church, Kilwinning, on 31st March 1972, by the Rev C S Hill, BTh, James Brown, BSc Hons, only son of Mr and Mrs Walter Sharpe, 17 Robert Noble Place, Kilmarnock, to Anne, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs Jack McKee, 46 Keir Hardie Crescent, Kilwinning.

SILVER WEDDINGS

CLEGG - McLELLAN - At the Barony Church, Kilbirnie, on 12th April 1947, Eric Clegg to Elspeth McLellan. Present address : 70 Fountain Street, Godley, Hyde, Cheshire.

LEITCH - HAIR - At St Cuthbert's church, Saltcoats, on 5th April 1947, by Rev A Smart, James Leitch to Maimie Hair. Present address : 105 High Road, Saltcoats.

SCULLION - TOWNSLEY - At St Peters-in-Chains, Ardrossan, on 7th April 1947, by the Rt Rev Monsignor McSporran, James Scullion to Rena Townsley. Present address : 96 Dalry Road, Ardrossan.

GOLDEN WEDDINGS

GLACHAN - FERGUSON - At Barrmill, Beith, on 31st March 1922, by Mr George Campbell, William Glachan to Agnes Ferguson. Present address : 6 Sinclair Street, Stevenston.

MORRISON - HAMILTON - At Saltcoats, on 7th April 1922, by the late Rev D D Rees, Samuel Morrison to Janet B Hamilton. Present address : 1 Park Road, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first of the Death notices now from 7th April 1972.

DEATHS

ALEXANDER - At a hospital at Ayr, on 2nd April 1972, George Davidson, aged 51, of 8 Angus Avenue, Prestwick, beloved husband of Muriel Rodger, and dearly loved nephew of Anna Alexander, Boglemart, Stevenston.

ANDREWS - Suddenly, in California, on 1st April 1972, Thomas David Andrews, MM, beloved husband of Annie, formerly of 32 South Beach, Troon.

BARR - Suddenly, at 73 Aird Avenue, Inverness ( the residence of his son ), George Kirkwood Barr, aged 77 years, of 87 Dundonald Road, Dreghorn, beloved husband of the late Mary Gillespie.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late George Barr wish to return sincere thanks to relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also Rev Dunn for kind attention and services rendered ; Mr Lawless, SCWS, for funeral arrangements. 73 Aird Avenue, Inverness.

BURKE - Suddenly, at Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 1st April 1972, Margaret Devine Donnachie, aged 61 years, beloved wife of Michael Burke, 16 Highfield Road, Kilwinning.
Acknowledgements: Mr Michael Burke and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also local doctors; and doctors and nursing staff of ward 2, Kilmarnock Infirmary; Rev Lavalette for services rendered; and Mr Hawthorn, Co-op, for funeral arrangements. 16 Highfield Street, Kilwinning.

BURNS - Suddenly, at Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 2nd April 1972, Thomas Burns, aged 72 years, beloved husband of Margaret Donnelly, 11 Lochlea Road, Saltcoats. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.

CHRYSTIE - At 43 Druid Drive, Kilwinning, on 30th March 1972, Mary Chrystie, youngest daughter of the late Mr and Mrs William Chrystie.

CLARK - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 31st March 1972, Mary Lynam, aged 84 years, beloved wife of Frank Clark, 57 The Braes, Saltcoats. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.

DICKSON - Peacefully, at Watson House Eventide Home, Gargunnock, Stirlingshire, on 3rd April 1972, Mary Merrick Dickson, aged 89 years ( late of 7 Winton Street, Saltcoats ).

DORRIAN - At 3 Wheatley Road, Saltcoats, on 2nd April 1972, Joseph Dorrian, aged 54 years, beloved husband of Kathleen Smyth. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.

FINNIE - At 75 Winton Road, Irvine, on 30th March 1972, Nora Rowan, aged 67 years, beloved wife of James Finnie. Fortified by Rites of the Holy Church. RIP.
Acknowledgements : Mr James Finnie and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in his sad bereavement; special thanks to Manager and Staff of George Cinema; Miss McCall and kitchen staff of the Central Hospital; Dr McFarlane; district nurses; and Father T Murphy for kind attention and services rendered; SCWS for funeral arrangements. 75 Winton Road, Irvine.

FRANCIS - At Ravenspark Hospital, Irvine, on 3rd April 1972, Alexander McAllister Francis ( retired Tug Master Ardrossan Harbour Co ), beloved husband of the late Minnie Cameron. 5 Bath Square, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Deaths now from 7th April 1972.

DEATHS ( concluded )

GILLIES - At 7 Girdle Toll, on 25th March 1972, Dougald Gillies, aged 93 years, beloved husband of Elizabeth Crawford Smith.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Dougald Gillies wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their bereavement; also Drs Lynch, Forbes and McCready; and home help; Mrs Mary Peters for kind attention; the Rev J W F Harris for services rendered; and Mr W Conway for funeral arrangements.

INNES - Suddenly, at 19 Woodlands Avenue, Irvine, on 31st March 1972, Ernest Innes, aged 77 years, husband of the late Maggie Murray.

KERR - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 1st April 1972, Elizabeth Barbour McCallum, beloved wife of Hamilton G Kerr and dear mother of Donald and Betty, 14 Christie Gardens, Saltcoats.

LANG - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 2nd April 1972, Andrew Lang, aged 78 years, on 10 Merryvale Road, Irvine, husband of the late Margaret Flinn. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Church. RIP.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Andrew Scott Lang wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy, floral tributes and Mass cards received in their recent sad bereavement; also the district Nurses for their kind and unfailing attention; the staff of pavilion 11, Ayrshire Central Hospital; Father Murphy for services rendered; and Co-operative for funeral arrangements. 10 Merryvale Road, Irvine.

McEWAN - At 4 Fullarton Avenue, Dundonald, on 4th April 1972, Thomas McAughtrie McEwan, aged 69 years, beloved husband of Agnes Brown.

MAY - At 28 Sannox Drive, Saltcoats, on 31st March 1972, Jessie Morrison, aged 82 years, beloved wife of the late Charles Robertson May, and dear mother of Charles and Maisie, and grandmother of Provost Netta Lambie, formerly of Walker Road, Saltcoats.

MILLER - At King George Avenue, Bridgwater, Somerset, on 26th March 1972, Adam Miller, aged 51 years, beloved son of the late Adam and Marion Miller, late of Ardrossan.

STEEDMAN - At 48 Ardoch Crescent, Stevenston, on 3rd April 1972, William Steedman, aged 84 years, beloved husband of Marion Howitt. Toronto papers please copy.

STRAIN - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 29th March 1972, George Strain, dearly beloved brother of Gladys and Sam.

STRAIN - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 29th March 1972, George Strain, aged 57 years, beloved husband of Julia Pellegrini and dear father of George, Eric and Sandra, 10 Cumbrae Road, Saltcoats.

TUDHOPE - At 97 Ladyford Avenue, Kilwinning, on 31st March 1972, David Tudhope, beloved husband of Isabella Cairns, dearly loved dad of David, and papa of Morag, David, Allan, Brian, and June.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The remainder of the Acknowledgements from 7th April 1972. Not very many, it turns out.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

CARSON - Mrs Mary Carson and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for expressions of sympathy, cards and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also Rev B Galloway for services rendered; to all who attended cemetery; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 16 Castle Drive, Kilbirnie.

DICK - Mrs Mary Dick wishes to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy in her recent sad bereavement; also Dr Robert Lynch and Dr McCreadie for kind attention; the Rev W Lavalette for services rendered; and Co-operative Society for funeral arrangements. 71 Fergushill Road, Kilwinning.

O'NEILL - Sadie O'Neill and family desire to thank Fr Murphy, Fr McCluskey, relatives, and friends at home and abroad for Mass cards and beautiful floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; staff and management of Chemico Co, London and New York, for unfailing attention; also friends who paid their last respects at the cemetery; ; and Dalry Co-op for funeral arrangements. c/o 2 Kenilworth Drive, Saltcoats.

PEDDELL - The family of the late Mrs Margaret Peddell wish to thank all friends who attended the church service and at the cemetery; and for all the kindness shown them in their recent bereavement; also Rev J G Grant for his spiritual comfort.

RENNIE - The family of the late Mrs Mary Rennie wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also Drs Taylor and McFarlane; Rev Dr Brown and Rev Hay Hamilton for services rendered.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first of the In Memoriam notices now from 7th April 1972.

IN MEMORIAM

ALLISON - In loving memory of my dear wife, Agnes Beattie, who died 4th April 1966.
With an aching heart I whisper low,
God bless you, Agnes, I miss you so.
Inserted by her husband, John, 1 Victoria Road, Saltcoats.

BARR - In loving memory of my dear husband, John B Barr, who died 8th April 1971.
Ever remembered.
Inserted by his loving wife, Annie.

BURKE - In loving memory of our dear grandson, Michael Burke, who died 11th April 1971, aged 14 months.
We know not why death's trusty fingers,
Touched a little soul so sweet;
The little story of his life,
Was brief and incomplete.
But we know that he will be waiting,
Waiting for us there;
Young and lovely as he was untouched,
By age and care.
A silent star shines on his grave,
Not very far from here;
Where sleeps the grandson we will never forget,
As it dawns today, one year.
Goodnight, Michael.
Inserted by gran and grandad.

Michael you left behind a beautiful memory,
A sorrow too great to be told,
And to us who loved and lost you,
Your memory will never grow old.
Inserted by Auntie Ann.

Treasured memories of our darling wee son, Michael, died 11th April 1971, aged 14 months.
He has not really left us,
Nor travelled very far,
Just joined God's angels in heaven,
And left the door ajar.
Inserted by his loving mum, dad, and sister Anne, 27 Stobbs Crescent, Kilwinning.

Not just today, but every day,
In silence we remember.
Inserted by Gran Thomson, uncles Jack and Alfred.

An angel came with a loving hand,
And took him to bloom in a better land.
Inserted by aunt May, uncle Alex and family.

A little flower, just lent, not given,
To bud on earth, and bloom in heaven.
Inserted by aunt Lillian, uncle John and family.

CAIRNS - In loving memory of our dear mother, died 1st April 1971; and our dear father, died 8th January 1962.
A silent thought, a secret tear,
Always wishing you were here;
We mention your names, we think of you often,
God bless you both you are never forgotten.
Inserted by Sadie, Robert and family, 14 Parkhouse Gardens, Ardrossan.

CONN - Loving memories of our dear mother and gran, Susan Conn, died 11th April 1970.
Loved and remembered always.
David, Isabell , and family.

Loving memories of our dear mother and granma, Susan Conn, died 11th April 1970.
How I wish that I could say, I'm going to see my mother today,
To hear her voice, to see her smile,
To sit and talk with you awhile.
Agnes, Bill, Billy and Susan.

Dearer to me than words can tell,
Was the mother I lost and loved so well.
Mary, Tom and family.

COWAN - In loving memory of my dear mother, Nessie McGiffen, who died 10th April 1971.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her son and daughter-in-law, Jim and Janet, and grandson, John, 38 Limekiln Road, Stevenston.

CUMMING - In loving memory of my dear husband and my dear father, John Cumming, who died 22nd July 1964; also my dear son and brother, Robert, who died 12th April 1960.
Sometime we will understand.
Inserted by his everloving wife, Hannah, and son, Gavin, 39 Reform Street, Beith.

DORRIAN - In loving memory of my dear husband, Charles Dorrian, who died 12th April 1968. RIP.
Inserted by his loving wife, Rita, 92 Barrie Terrace, Ardrossan; son, Leslie, daughter-in-law, Anna, grandsons, Charles, David and Michael, and grand-daughter , Fiona, 63 Garven Road, Stevenston.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Continuing the In Memoriam notices from 7th April 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

FISHER - In loving memory of my dear husband, William Fisher, died 6th April 1969.
My heart still aches with sadness,
My secret tears still flow;
For what it meant to lose you,
No one will ever know.
Inserted by his wife, Ann Fisher.

HENNING - Treasured memories of my dear wife and mother, Elizabeth Bicker, who died 7th April 1963.
Sadly missed along life's way,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by her husband and family, 7 Greenbank Road, Irvine .

Always remembered.
Inserted by Nannie.

Sadly missed.
Tom, Kathleen and family.

Treasured memories.
Mungo, Cathie and family.

JACK - In loving memory of our dear uncle, Thomas Jack, who died 11th April 1959; also loved ones gone before.
In our hearts you will always stay.
Inserted by Willie, Marion and family, 70 Dalry Road, Ardrossan.

KELLY - In loving memory of my dear son, our dear brother and uncle, William Kelly, died 9th April 1970.
Not just today, but every day,
In silence we remember.
Inserted by his mother.

LYNN - In memory of our beloved daughter, Ann, aged 15, died 4th April 1971; also loved ones gone before and after.
Dear God forgive a falling tear,
A silent wish that you were here;
A thousand tomorrows we would give,
If only you had let her live.
Inserted by her loving mother and father, 7 New England Road. Saltcoats.

In our hearts you will always stay,
Inserted by loving family, Etta, Sandra and William.

McCALLUM - In treasured memory of my dear husband, Archie, who died 8th April 1970.
Memories are the precious lamp,
That lights the darkest road;
To the hope of a beautiful reunion,
When we meet at the end of the road.
I was not there to see you die,
To clasp your hand and say goodbye;
I write these words with deep regret,
For a husband I loved and will never forget.
Inserted by his loving wife, Marion.

A silent tear till the end of time,
For a wonderful dad I'm proud was mine;
He gave me love in fullest measure,
Care, devotion and memories to treasure.
Inserted by his loving daughter, Mary, 2 Herbertson Crescent, Irvine.

In our hearts you will always stay,
Inserted by Margaret, Johnny and family, 31 Herbertson Crescent, Irvine.

Always remembered.
Inserted by Margaret and Robert,66 Stewart Drive, Irvine.

McDONALD - Treasured memories of our dearly loved son, George, accidentally killed on 8th April 1967, aged 17.
There is a picture in our hearts,
Which is worth more than silver or gold;
It's a picture of our son, George,
Which will never grow old.
Inserted by mother, father and John, 31 Blacklands Avenue, Kilwinning.

McGILL - In loving memory of my dear mother, Georgina, who died 8th April 1967.
We miss her smile, her kindly ways;
With her we spent our happiest days.
Inserted by Marion, Bill and family, Dreghorn.

In loving memory of my dear wife and mother, Georgina Currie, died 8th April 1967.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her husband , Frank, 54 Garnock View, Kilwinning, and Matt, Betty and family, 10 Weirston Road, Kilwinning.

McKNIGHT - In loving memory of our dear mother, Jeanie Boyle, died 2nd April 1967.
A heart of gold stopped beating,
Two smiling eyes at rest;
God broke our hearts to prove,
He only takes the best.
Inserted by her daughters, Helen and Beatrice, 22 Wallace Road, Irvine.

Never more than a thought away,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by her son, Tommy, and Nancy, grandson, Tommy, Josie and family, Loughborough, England.

Susan