Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

For those researching family in the three towns area.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

Post by down south »

The rest of the Acknowledgements now from 3rd September 1971.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

BAILLIE - Mrs Hately and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also Dalry doctors and Nurse Kynd for kind attention; the Rev R Kirkland for services rendered; and Mr Hawthorn of Dalry Co-operative. 24 Baidland Avenue, Dalry.

CLARK - The family of the late Mrs Mary Clark, Dundonald, wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; also Dr T Joyce, doctors and staff of block 1, Heathfield Hospital; and the Rev A Young, MA, BD, STM, for services rendered.

McCULLOCH - Mr James McCulloch and family wish to thank everyone for their kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement. 9 Cherrywood Drive, Beith.

McMURDO - The brothers and sisters of the late Jim McMurdo wish to thank all friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also doctors and nurses of Eglinton Ward, Ailsa Hospital.

MELVILLE - Mr and Mrs Price and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also doctors and nurses at Heathfield Hospital for their kind attention; Rev A Young for services rendered; and Mr A McCrirrick for funeral arrangements. 12 Walker Avenue, Barassie.

PRINGLE - Miss J Pringle wishes to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in her recent bereavement; also doctors and nurses for kind attention; Rev D Grant for services rendered. Dumbuie, James Street, Dalry.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Beginning the In Memoriam notices from 3rd September 1971.

IN MEMORIAM

BEATTIE - In loving memory of my dear mother, Marion Beattie, died September 3 1966.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her loving daughter, Margaret, son-in-law, Hugh,and grandson, Jim, 43 Merksworth Avenue, Dalry.

CAMPBELL - In loving memory of my dear wife, Helen Logan, died 28th August 1955.
Sadly missed.
Inserted by James Campbell, 46 Corsehill, Kilwinning.

Fondly remembered.
Inserted by her sister Rena and family, also her brother Joe.

CARROLL - In loving memory of Frank Carroll, died 30th August 1970.
His life was full of kindly deeds,
A helping hand to all in need,
A happy smile, a heart of gold;
No finer one this world could hold.
Inserted by Mrs Matthews and family, 52 Kirkland Crescent, Dalry.

Always remembered.
Liz, Rab and wee Linda, 133 Winton Road, Irvine.

COCHRANE - Treasured memories of Leslie, who died September 2 1967, aged 23.
Sadly missed.
Inserted by mum, dad and Grant.

COWAN - In loving memory of our dear mother and grandmother, Elizabeth Lowe, who died September 6 1963.
Ever in our thoughts.
Inserted by her daughter and family, Hillside Street, Stevenston.

CRAIG - In loving memory of my dear wife, Agnes Allan, who died 1st September 1963.
It is a lonely life without you,
And sad has been each day,
For life and home are not the same
Since you were called away.
Inserted by her loving husband John, 7 Braidwood Road, Kilwinning.

FREW - In loving memory of my dear husband, Alexander Frew, who died August 31 1970.
Always remembered.
Inserted by his wife and family, 134 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

KERR - To the memory of my mother and father, Elizabeth and William Kerr, late of High Road, Stevenston.
Always remembered.
Annie, 96 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

More of the In Memoriam notices from 3rd September 1971.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

LONGMUIR - In loving memory of our dear mother, Elizabeth, died September 4 1964.
I hold it true, whate'er befall,
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all.
Inserted by Tom, Ann and Kevin.

LYNCH - In loving memory of our dear brother, Willie, died August 31 1968.
Always remembered.
Inserted by Jimmy, Jean and family, 44 Burns Crescent, Girdle Toll.

McBLAIN - In loving memory of my dear wife and mother, Jean McBlain, who died 4th September 1970.
You passed away so quickly,
You never said goodbye,
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why.
Inserted by husband, Charles,daughters Charlotte, Catherine, Agnes, and Mary , and son John.

McCANN - In memory of my loving daughter, Theresa, died 6th September 1970.
A million words could never express
Our love, our sorrow, our emptiness.
Loving mother, sisters, and brothers.

God has you in His keeping;
We have you in our hearts.
Uncle Michael, Aunt Grace, Uncle John, 29 Whitlees Crescent, Ardrossan.

McCART - In loving memory of my dear sister Nellie, and aunt, who died September 2 1968.
Always remembered.
Inserted by Willie, Isabel, and family , 40 Raise Street, Saltcoats.

MAIN - In loving memory of my dear husband, William, died August 29 1963.
Treasured memories.
Inserted by his loving wife, 13 Clark Crescent, Stevenston.

MALONE - Treasured memories of our dear mother, who died on 3rd September 1962.
This month brings back sad memories
Of a loved one gone to rest,
And those who think of her today
Are those who loved her best.
Ria and Lyle.

A silent thought, a secret tear,
Always wishing you were here.
We mention your name, we think of you often;
God bless you, Mother, you are never forgotten.
Hannah and Jimmie.

If I could have one dream fulfilled,
One prayer that could come true,
I'd pray to God with all my heart
For yesterday and you.
I miss you , Mother; I always will.
Jean, Tommy and family.

Her memory is our greatest treasure.
Ellen, Adam and family.

Somewhere beyond the sunset,
Where happiness never dies,
You dwell in God's beautiful garden
Amidst blue and golden skies.
And to us who will always love you,
Whose parting brought great pain,
Will treasure your memory for ever,
Until we meet again.
Lily and Andrew.

MOORE - In loving memory of my dear wife and our beloved mother, Isabella Andrews McLeod, died 7th September 1967.
Just a prayer from those who loved you,
Just a memory, fond and true,
In our hearts you live for ever
Because we thought the world of you.
Inserted by her loving husband, James,and children Kay and Maurice, 39 Dale Crescent, Irvine.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Concluding the In Memoriam notices now from 3rd September 1971.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

THOM - In loving memory of my dear sister, Elizabeth Johnstone Thom, who died August 31 1968.
Remembered always.
So may it ever be.
Inserted by Andy and family, 4 Fleming Crescent, Saltcoats.

In loving memory of my dear aunt Betty, who died August 31 1968.
For ever remembered.
Inserted by Jeannette, 81 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

TUDHOPE - In loving memory of my dear sister, Mary Warnock, who died 27th August 1969; also her dear husband Daniel, who died 7th January 1963.
My heart still aches with sadness
And secret tears still flow;
What it meant to lose you
No one will ever know.
If I could have one dream fulfilled,
One prayer that could come true,
I'd pray to god with all my heart
For yesterday and you.
Inserted by her loving sister and niece, 59 Baidland Avenue, Dalry.

TURNBULL - Treasured thoughts of my dear husband, George Paton Turnbull, Seacrest, Seamill, who passed away on September 1 1964.
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life shall endless be.
Inserted by his wife , Mary C Turnbull.

WATT - In loving memory of our dear son, Hamilton Boyd Watt, accidentally killed 3rd September 1966, and dear ones gone before.
We will never forget you, Son,
We loved you so dear;
Your memory, Hammy, will grow year after year.
You cannot return, Son, and our tears are in vain,
But some day we will all meet again.
Your loving Mum and Dad, 29 Donaldson Avenue, Stevenston.

Treasured memories of our dear brother, Hamilton Boyd Watt, accidentally killed on September 3 1966.
Life goes on in many ways,
But memories cling to bygone days;
Time may fly, and tears may dry,
But memories of you will never die.
Inserted by his brother, George, and sister-in-law , Mary, 52 Hillcrest Drive, Stevenston.

In loving memory of our dear brother, Hamilton Boyd Watt, accidentally killed 3rd September 1966, and dear ones gone before.
Every day, Hammy, in every small way,
Memories of you come our way.
Though absent, Hammy, you are ever near,
Still loved, still missed, and ever dear.
We cannot bring the old days back,
Your hands we cannot touch,
But we will not lose the memory
Of a brother we loved so much.
Your ever-loving sister, Anna, brother-in-law, Henry, Shirley and wee Hugh, 6 Mossgiel Place, Stevenston.

In loving memory of Hamilton Watt ( Hammy ), accidentally killed 3rd September 1966.
Life goes on in many ways,
But memories cling of bygone days.
Inserted by Martha and ( Old ) Hughie, 70 Mayfield Road, Saltcoats.

YOUNG - In loving memory of my dear wife, Annie, mother of Annie and Helen, died September 3 1970.
They say that you have passed beyond,
Unto the joy supreme;
But we can always call you back,
Into the land of dream.
For love is all and life goes on,
In spite of grief and pain;
And deep within our hearts we know,
That we shall meet again.
Inserted by her loving husband, David , and family, 44 Wood Road, Troon.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

We move into a new year for our next batch of Herald notices, from 31st March 1972. Beginning as usual with the Births :

BIRTHS

BAIRD - At Vancouver, British Columbia, to Murray and Sheena ( nee Seggie ), a son; both well.

BELL - At Thornyflats Maternity Hospital, on 29th March 1972, to Tom and Celia ( nee Hosie ), 117 St Quivox Road, Prestwick, a daughter ( Agnes Elizabeth ), a sister for Douglas. Thanking family doctor and all in attendance.

DICKSON - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 24th March 1972, to Tom and Maureen ( McLean ). 27 Blair road, Dalry, a daughter; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

GIBSON - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 17th March 1972, to Sandy and Valerie ( Morrison ), 40 Fleming Crescent, Saltcoats, a son ( Stuart Gavin ), a brother for Steven; both well.

GLEN - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 19th March 1972, to Jim and Barbara ( nee Kerr ), 27 Balgray Avenue, Kilbirnie, a son; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

NICOL - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on March 12 1972, to John and Anne ( Atkinson ), 108 Boglemart Street, Stevenston, a son ( Andrew Scott ), a brother for David and Jacqueline; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

OLSSON - At Tatura, Australia, on 18th March 1972, to Ken and Anne ( Reid ), a daughter ( Fiona Michelle ); both well; a sister for Craig.

ROUT - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 29th March 1972, to Tom and Margaret, 3 Duff Place, Saltcoats, a daughter; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

SEGGIE - At Wellington, New Zealand, to John and Ann ( nee Kane ), a son; both well.

SILCOX - At Buckreddan Maternity Home, Kilwinning, on 22nd March 1972, to Mr and Mrs John R Silcox ( Lynda H Kane ), a son ( Christopher Raymond ); both well.

SIMPSON - At Paisley Maternity Hospital, on 22nd March 1972, to Ronald and Elspeth ( nee Gemmell ), a daughter; both well .

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The Engagements, the Marriages, and the wedding anniversaries from 31st March 1972.

ENGAGEMENTS

JOHNSTONE - KELMAN - Both families are pleased to announce the engagement of Valerie Ann, daughter of Mr and Mrs B Johnstone, 30 Darley Crescent, Troon, Ayrshire, to Andrew William, son of Mr and Mrs Kelman, 33 Burnbank Road, Hamilton.

McCLYMONT - LOUDON - Both families are happy to announce the engagement of John Miller ( Ian ) , son of Mr and Mrs W McClymont, " Clelland ", 25 James Street, Dalry, and Elma, only daughter of Mr and Mrs T Loudon, " Braemoray ", Dalry.

MARTIN - WELSH - The engagement is announced between Lindsay, second son of Mr and Mrs G Martin, 41 View Street, Miranda, NSW, Australia, and Christine, younger daughter of the late Mr G Welsh and Mrs A M Welsh, 17 Wingello Road, Miranda, NSW, Australia, and 29 Sidney Street, Saltcoats, Ayrshire.

PARK - RODGER - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement between David, only son of Mr and Mrs D Park, 113 McKinlay Crescent, Irvine, and Lyn, only daughter of Mr and Mrs J Rodger, 4 Birch Place, Kilmarnock.

MARRIAGES

CHALMERS - THOMPSON - At English Martyrs RC Church, on 25th March 1972, Calum, second son of Mr and Mrs John Chalmers, 14 Bilby Terrace, Irvine, to Lynne, youngest daughter of the late Mr Cyril Thompson and of Mrs Freda Thompson, 89 Northumbria Walk, West Denton, Newcastle 5.

HANVEY - KELLY - At St Mary's Episcopal Church, Broughty Ferry, on 24th March 1972, by the Rev R Breaden, John Howie, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Arthur Hanvey, 19 Harbour Road, Troon, to Avis, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Joseph Kelly, 42 Baldovie Road, Broughty Ferry.

McCREADIE - VITALI - At St Brendan's RC Church, Saltcoats, on 16th March 1972, by the Rev Father Patrick Gunning, with Nuptial Mass, and Papal Blessing, James, elder son of Mr and Mrs J McCreadie, 34 Dalry Road, Saltcoats, to Rita, only daughter of Mr and Mrs J Vitali, 194 South Street, Beaconsfield, Fremantle, Western Australia.

REID - POOLE - At Timmering Church, on 18th March 1972, Tom, eldest son of Mr and Mrs R W Reid, Brookfield WRS, Tatura, Victoria, Australia, to Sue, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs R G Poole, Nanneela.

SMITH - VICKERS - On 11th March 1972 , At St Mary's Church, Bideford, N Devon, Second Engineer Officer R J Smith, 3 Chudleigh Terrace, Bideford, to Yvonne Elizabeth, only daughter of Mr and Mrs D Vickers, 4 Chudleigh Terrace, Bideford, granddaughter of Mrs E Kelso and the late Mr R Kelso, 17 Millhill Road, Stevenston.

SILVER WEDDINGS

BELL - ANDERSON - At EU Congregational Church, Saltcoats, on 4th April 1947, by Rev J C Bell, Roland Bell to Jean Anderson. Present address : 10 Chatburnpark Avenue, Brierfield, Nelson, Lancashire.

CRAWFORD - SCOTT - At St Margaret's Manse, Dalry, on 22nd March 1947, Hugh Crawford to Ina Scott. Present address : 22 Crichton Avenue, Dalry.

EWART - FERGUSON - At Stevenston High Kirk, by Rev Geddes Ritchie, on 29th March 1947, David Ewart to Grace Ferguson, 1 Clements Place, Stevenston.

NUTT - STIRLING - At Ardeer Church, Stevenston, on 5th April 1947, by the late Rev S White, Stanley Nutt and Martha ( Elma ) Stirling , of Hayocks Road. Present address : 74 Devonshire Road, Hornchurch, Essex.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Beginning the Death notices from the A&S Herald of 31st March 1972. Also included are some acknowledgements from that date, and from the following week's paper, 7th April.

DEATHS

ADAM - At 43 McKinnon Terrace,Irvine, on 24th March 1972, Jane Findlay, aged 48 years, beloved wife of Andrew Adam.
Acknowledgements : Mr Adam and family wish to return sincere thanks to relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also members of Ayrshire constabulary; Dr A Garven; and Rev F G Thomson for kind attention and services rendered. 43 McKinnon Terrace, Irvine.

ANDERSON - Peacefully at 30 Larch Terrace, Beith, on 23rd March 1972, Martha Bryce, in her 87th year, beloved wife of the late William Anderson, and late of Barrmill.

BRADFORD - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 24th March 1972, Thomas Bradford, aged 71 years, beloved husband of Margaret Crawford, 36 Claremont Crescent, Kilwinning.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Margaret Bradford and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes, cards and letters received in their sudden sad bereavement; to the Staff and Borad of Management of Irvine Co-operative Society; the Rev Iain M Roy for his comfort and funeral service; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 36 Claremont Crescent, Kilwinning.

CARSON - At 16 Castle Drive, Kilbirnie, on 24th March 1972, Robert Carson, aged 68 years, beloved husband of Mary Murray.

CASSIDY - Suddenly, at 60 Peden Avenue, Dalry, on 27th March 1972, Annie Gallagher, daughter of the late James and Annie Cassidy. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. May she rest in peace.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Anne Cassidy wish to return thanks to friends and neighbours for Mass cards and expressions of sympathy on their recent sad bereavement; special thanks to Fr Crowley; Dr Watt and Nurse Kyne for attention and comfort; also Mr Hawthorn for funeral arrangements.

CHERRY - At Ravenspark Hospital, on 23rd March 1972, Annie McCombe, aged 83 years, beloved wife of the late David Cherry, formerly of 15 Stephens Place, Stevenston.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Annie Cherry wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; doctors and nursing staff, geriatric ward, Ravenspark Hospital; Rev Mr Knox for services rendered; and Mr Hawthorn, Co-op, for funeral arrangements. 11 Braehead, Dalry.

COCHRANE - At 6 Millbank, Dreghorn, on 22nd March 1972, Joseph A W Cochrane, aged 75 years, beloved husband of Jean Bryden and much loved father of Mary, Joe, Bill and Nan.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Jean Cochrane and family wish to express sincere thanks to relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes, letters, cards, and kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; sincere thanks to Dr Watts, and Rev R G Lawson for kindness, unfailing attention and services rendered. 6 Millbank, Dreghorn.

DAVIDSON - At 31 Montgomerie Terrace, Kilwinning, on 29th March 1972, Mathew Davidson, aged 61 years, beloved husband of Elizabeth Steel.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Davidson and son would like to thank all friends, relatives and neighbours for floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; special thanks to all those who helped; thanking all doctors for kind attention; the Rev W Lavalette for services rendered; and all who attended the funeral services; also the Co-operative for funeral arrangements. 31 Montgomerie Terrace, Kilwinning.

DICKSON - On 28th March 1972 ( suddenly ), at 34 Albert Road, Dumfries, Jacob Dickson, dearly beloved husband of Sarah Greenshields, formerly of 14 Logan Drive , Troon. Funeral will take place today ( Fri ) , 31st March, to Dundonald Cemetery, Troon, at 1.30pm. All friends are respectfully invited to attend.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Continuing the death notices from the Herald of 31st March 1972.

DEATHS ( continued )

DONALDSON - At 18 Annick Road, on 25th March 1972, Agnes Irvine, of 52 Berelands Road, Prestwick, beloved wife of Hans Donaldson.
Acknowledgements : Mr Hans Donaldson and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for letters, cards and flowers received in their recent sad bereavement.

KILBURN - Suddenly, on 28th March 1972, Sam Allen, dearly loved husband of the late Martha Kilburn, and father of Joyce, 26 Lady Margaret Drive, Troon. Funeral in Masonhill Crematorium, Ayr, today ( Friday ). Friends wishing to attend please meet cortege at crematorium at 11am.

JOHNSTON - Suddenly, at 13 Garnock View, Kilwinning, on 21st March 1972, Rachel McWhinney, beloved wife of the late Thomas Johnston.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Rachel Johnston wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy received in their bereavement; also Rev W Lavalette for services rendered; Dr Robert Lynch; and Mr Wm Steele for funeral arrangements.

LEESON - At 1 Golf Avenue, Stevenston, on 22nd March 1972, Mary McEwan, aged 47 years, beloved wife of John Leeson and dear mother of Alma.

McCUTCHEON - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 25th March 1972, Mary ( May ) Govan, aged 66 years, beloved wife of Samuel McCutcheon, and dear mother of Ule and Helene, 123 Argyle Road, Saltcoats. No letters please.
Acknowledgements : Mr McCutcheon and family wish to thank relatives and friends for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also Rev J H Robertson for spiritual comfort; Dr J Forsyth for unfailing attention; and Mr W G McMaster for funeral arrangements. 123 Argyle Road, Saltcoats.

McLACHLAN - At 25 Ardrossan Road, Saltcoats, on 26th March 1972, Clayton McLachlan, husband of the late Jessie Miller.
An obituary of Clayton McLachlan, who had an electrician's business in the town, can be found here , along with links to other mentions of him.

McLAUGHLAN - At 14 Ladyford Avenue, Kilwinning, on 21st March 1972, Robert McLaughlan, aged 76 years, beloved husband of Jeanie Hodge.
Acknowledgements ( under the name of McLAUCHLAN ) : Mrs Jeanie McLauchlan and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes, cards and letters received in their recent sad bereavement; to Mrs Dalziel; Salvation Army officers; doctors, nurses, of wards 11 and 14, Ballochmyle Hospital; Dr Forbes for unfailing attention; the Rev Charles Hill for invaluable help and comfort and funeral service; to all who attended cemetery; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 14 Ladyford Avenue, Kilwinning.

McMILLAN - At the residence of his daughter, 2 Woodburn Road, Beith, on 29th March 1972, Roland McMillan, aged 81 years, beloved husband of the late Jeanie Preston.

MENZIES - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 26th March 1972, Robert Menzies, aged 83 years, beloved husband of Margaret Nelson, 70 Peden Avenue, Dalry.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The final batch of death notices now from 31st March 1972.

DEATHS ( concluded )

PATERSON - At 32 Merksworth Avenue, Dalry, on 29th March 1972, Thomas L Paterson, aged 76 years,beloved husband of Mary Gallacher. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Mary Paterson and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy, Mass cards and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also family doctors and local nurses; Rev David Crawley for spiritual attention and kindness; and Mr Hawthorn, Co-op, for funeral arrangements. 32 Merksworth Avenue, Dalry.

PIRRIE - At 8 Clayton Avenue, Irvine, on 25th March 1972, Thomas Pirrie, aged 87 years, husband of the late Martha Roy.
Acknowledgements : Mr and Mrs James Imrie and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy , floral tributes and cards received in their recent sad bereavement; also Dr R B Taylor for unfailing attention; and Mrs Hannah Montgomery for her kindness; the Rev R D Sawers for his comfort and services rendered; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 8 Clayton Avenue, Irvine.

REID - At 48 Caledonia Road, Saltcoats, on 23rd March 1972, Gilbert Reid, aged 71 years, beloved son of the late Mr and Mrs Francis Reid. Fortified by the rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Gilbert Reid desire to thank Father Nicholas Murphy and Father McCluskey and Sisters of Misericord , for kind attention; Drs Leahy, Griffen, Smith, Harrison and Morrow for services rendered; relatives and friends for Mass cards and sympathy received in their recent bereavement; Mr W G McMaster for funeral arrangements. Mass will be offered for their intentions. 48 Caledonia Road, Saltcoats.

ROSS - At Mearnskirk Hospital, in 21st March 1972, Elizabeth Donnachie, beloved wife of Donald A Ross, 6 Niddrie Road, Glasgow S2.

SIMPSON - Suddenly, at 4 Scott Road, Kilmarnock, on 22nd March 1972, James Simpson, dearly loved husband of Elizabeth Nicol, late of 66 Barassie Street, Troon.

SMYTH -" Called home to be with his Lord." At Ballochmyle Hospital, on 29th March 1972, William Smyth, darling husband of Annie Provan, 54D Bradan Road, Troon. "To Be with Christ which is far better ." Service in Church of the Nazarene, Union Street, Troon , today ( Friday ) at 2pm, funeral thereafter to Troon Cemetery, to which all friends are invited.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Annie Smyth and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of condolence, floral tributes and cards received in their recent sad bereavement; also Rev J Martin for his Christian help and service; and Mr Cowan for funeral arrangements. 54D Bradan Road, Troon.

WATSON - At 1 Mill Road, Irvine, on 26th March 1972,John Jaffrey Watson ( Jeweller ) aged 77 years, last surviving member of the family of the late Thomas and Isabella Watson, Irvine.

WIGSTON - At a hospital, Paisley, on 22nd March 1972, Margaret Wigston, in her 86th year, ( late of Gateside Street, West Kilbride ), beloved mother of Mrs Margaret Hyslop.

WYLIE - At a hospital in Ayrshire, on 26th March 1972, John Wylie ( Ayrshire Battalion Boys' Brigade ), much loved husband of Beatrice Boothman and dear father of Billy, 85 Eglinton Road, Ardrossan.
Acknowledgements : Mrs John Wylie and family wish to thank relatives and friends for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also the Rev W J R Hay for services rendered. 85 Eglinton Road, Ardrossan.

WITMER - Suddenly, on 27th March 1972, at Dallas, Texas, Violet ( Witherow ) Witmer, beloved daughter of Mary and Albert Witherow, late of West Crescent, Muirhead.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Acknowledgements now from 31st March 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

ALCOCK - Mrs Alcock and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of condolence and help after their sad loss; also Dr Ian McKenzie for his unfailing attention, and all doctors in the practice; Rev E J Davidson, MA, and Rev Iain M Roy, BD,for all services rendered, and Mr A W Blair for funeral arrangements. 57 Wallace Avenue, Stevenston.

BLAKELY - The relatives of the late Jessie Blakely wish to thank all friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy, floral tributes and cards received in their recent sad bereavement; also Drs Robert Lynch, Forbes and McCreadie for unfailing attention; Mr Andrew Borland, and Rev A Barbour for services rendered; and Mr W Steele for funeral arrangements.

BUCHANAN - The family of the late Donald Buchanan wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; also doctors and nurses of Pavilion 11, Ayrshire Central Hospital, and the Rev J W Goudie for services rendered, and William Wallace & Son for funeral arrangements.

FITZPATRICK - The family of the late Mrs Elizabeth Fitzpatrick wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes, also cards received; the family doctors; and the Rev G Balls for services rendered. 41 Caledonia Road, Saltcoats.

GOODWIN - The family of the late Amy Wylie Ballantyne wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; doctors and staff of Cassilis House, Ayr, for their unfailing kindness and attention; Rev Jas Ewing, MA, BD, for spiritual comfort and sympathy, and Mr G Dodds for funeral arrangements.

HILLHOUSE - Mrs Marion Hillhouse wishes to thank relatives, friends and neighbours; Management of John Walker & Sons, Fellow Workers Line 3; the boys in the Bond; the boys at the end of the Line, Old Bond; Crosshouse Bowling Club; Springside Bowling Club; and Perceton & Dreghorn Church Woman's Guild , for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received; also Rev Ronald Lawson; and Mr Robert Otterson for services rendered; and all those who paid their last respects at the cemetery; also Co-operative for funeral arrangements. 89 Greenside Avenue, Springside.

KEDDIE - Mrs A Keddie wishes to thank Drs Rankin, Lane; Nurses Steele, Williamson and Bennett; and Ayr County Welfare Services for their kindness and attention to her husband during his long illness; and Mr William Wallace for funeral arrangements.

McQUEEN - John and Maureen McQueen wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for expressions of sympathy, cards and floral tributes in the recent sad bereavement of their dearly loved second son John; special thanks to Mrs Fisher and Mrs Barr; Dr McIntosh; and pavilion 9, Irvine Central. 85 West Crescent, Troon.

NEVILLE -Mrs G Neville and family wish to thank relatives, friends, and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy, beautiful floral tributes , and cards received in their sudden sad bereavement; also the staff of Castlewirock, Saltcoats and doctors in attendance; doctors and nursing staff at Kilmarnock Infirmary; the lads at Tilcon Trumix, the PTA and all his former workmates; the Rev W C Lavalette for services rendered; Mr Hawthorn for funeral arrangements. 28 Pollock Crescent, Kilwinning.

PHELPS - The brother and sisters of the late Samuel Phelps would like to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for the kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; and to all who attended at the cemetery; also doctors and nurses of block 2, Heathfield Hospital for kind attention; the Rev Allan Young for his services; and Mr Cowan for funeral arrangements. 10 Merrick Avenue, Troon.

RITCHIE - The family of the late Mrs Jennie W Ritchie desire to express sincere thanks to relatives and friends for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also the Rev Allan Young for services rendered.91 Bentinck Drive, Troon.

RUSSELL - The family of the late Frank Russell, of 10 Abbot's Walk,wish to thank all relatives, friends, neighbours, elders and members of the Evangelistic Mission Hall, for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; also Doctors McCreadie and R Lynch for very kind attention; Mr George Meney for services rendered; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 15 Viaduct Circle, Kilwinning.

THOMSON - Mrs Thomson and family wish to thank all friends and relatives, home and abroad, for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; also doctors and nurses, Irvine Central Hospital; Burgh workers; and Rev Hepburn for services rendered.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting on the In Memoriam notices now from 31st March 1972.

IN MEMORIAM

AUSTIN - In loving memory of my dear mother, Elizabeth Austin, who died on 31st March 1967; also my dear father, George Austin, who died on 15th January 1959.
You were a person very rare,
Content at home and always there.
Your life was unselfish, for others you lived,
Not to receive but always to give,
We will remember our whole life through,
The last few words we had with you.
Inserted by son, John, daughter-in-law Margaret, granddaughters Joan and Janice, 30 Whitecraig Road, Ardrossan.

BAINEY - In loving memory of our dear mother, died 4th April 1965, and our dear father, died 27th May 1958; also dear sisters, Vina, died 16th April 1964, and May, died 3rd February 1971.
Their memory is our keepsake,
With which we'll never part;
God has them in His keeping,
We have them in our hearts.
Inserted by Walter, Betty and family, 39 Donaldson Avenue, Stevenston.

BENNIE - In loving memory of a dear mother, Harriet Branston, died 27th March 1971.
Loved, and remembered always.
Inserted by Annie, Sheila, Lorraine and wee Sheila, Troon.

In loving memory of a dear mother, Harriet Branston, died 27th March 1971.
Gone, but not forgotten.
Joe and Sadie.

BOYD - In loving memory of our dear mother, who died 28th March 1964, and our dear father, who died 29th May 1956.
The memories we have from day to day,
No length of time can take away,
For in our hearts they are always near,
Still loved, still missed, and always dear.
Inserted by the family , at home and abroad.

CAIRNEY - In loving memory of my dear wife, Agnes, who died 2nd April 1971.
With an aching heart I whisper low,
God bless you , Agnes, I miss you so.
Inserted by her husband, Harry, also loved and remembered every day by her daughter, Margaret.

CAIRNS - In loving memory of our dear mum, who died 1st April 1971; also our dear dad, who died 8th January 1962.
The time we spent together, Mother,
The happy days we knew,
Are lived again so often
In memory of you.
As long as life and memory last,
I will remember you.
Inserted by Ella and family.

If we could have one lifetime wish,
One dream that would come true,
We would pray to God with all our hearts,
For yesterday and you.
Inserted by John, Nan and family.

DIGNAM - In loving memory of my dear mother, Mary Ellen Brisco, died 3rd April 1963.
Time is gently passing by,
But love and memory never die.
Inserted by loving son, James; daughter-in-law, Jessie; grandchildren, Mary, Ellen, William; 37 Churchill Avenue, Kilwinning.

For ever in our thoughts.
Inserted by loving daughter, Martha; son-in-law, Robert; granddaughter, Mary; 94 McKinlay Crescent, Irvine.

DORRIAN - In loving memory of my dear wife, Sarah Dillon Reid, who died 30th March 1969. RIP. 8 Sorbie Road, Ardrossan.

GORDON - Treasured memories of mother, Janet McCaig, died 29th March 1948; also father, John Gordon, died 6th August 1971.
How strange it is that those we need,
And those we love the best,
Are just the ones that God loves too,
And takes them home to rest.
Agnes and Martin, 41 Merksworth Avenue, Dalry.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Continuing the In Memoriam notices from 31st March 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

GUNN - In loving memory of my dear husband, William Gunn, who died 29th March 1959; also brothers and sisters, died before and after.
Inserted by his wife Ann, 11 Arran Place, Ardrossan.

McCALL - Treasured memories of our parents, father, who died 4th April 1970, and mother, who died 14th January 1969. RIP.
Teresa, George, and grandchildren.

McLAUGHLIN - In loving memory of our mother, Margaret Scott Workman, who died 5th April 1969.
Inserted by the family, Saltcoats.

McMILLAN - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dear father, Archie, who died 4th April 1966.
Sadly missed.
Inserted by his loving wife and family, Innerwood Road, Kilwinning.

MARSHALL - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dear father, David Marshall, died 31st March 1961.
Always remembered.
Inserted by his loving wife and family.

MILLER - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dad, died 28th March 1961.
In memory's garden
We meet every day.
Inserted by his loving wife and family, Bon-Accord, James Street, Dalry.

MONTGOMERY - In loving memory of my dear wife and our dear mother, Nancy McCann, who died on 20th March 1968.
Dear in our hearts she will ever remain,
Till God in His time unites us again.
Inserted by her loving husband and family, 22 Whitecraig Road, Ardrossan.

MORRISON - Loving memory of my dear father, James Morrison, died 2nd April 1968.
Forever in our thoughts.
George, Margaret and family.

PATERSON - In loving memory of our dear father, Edward Paterson, died 13th March 1959; also our dear mother, Elizabeth Watt, died 12th April 1956.
In our hearts you will always stay,
Loved and remembered every day.
Inserted by Betty, Harry , and family, 67 Irvine Main's Crescent, Irvine.

Sadly missed along life's way,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by her loving daughter, Jean, 9 McGavin Avenue, Kilwinning.

Susan