James Benson , lost relative

For those researching family in the three towns area.
andyp
New Poster
New Poster

James Benson , lost relative

Post by andyp »

hi there, im looking to trace my father. his name is james benson , he grew up in ardrossan . been told from my mother that his mother got married think her new surname was Geddes ??. think she might have stayed at hazel ave ?? at some point.
also on the winston primary photo of class 58 there is a james benson , not sure if it is him though but giving its not a really common name i think it might be.
any info would be very much appreciated. i can be contacted on my email xxx@xxxxx.com
thank you very much for reading.

Added later by Moderator .............

Thanks for pointing out email Ellen - I was going to edit the post, but got waylaid - as usual :D
Last edited by Meg on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: full email address listed in message.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: James Benson , lost relative

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi ap71,
Don't think you should be showing your email address ,as this will show up on the Web.
Sorry i can't help with your question.My Benson's are c1900 and before ,from Stevenston.

Best of Luck
Ellen(sweet caroline)
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Welcome to the 3T ap71 - I have just checked the photo you were talking about and am posting a smaller version in the hope it will jog someone's memory - lots of these people are still around the three towns - so hopefully someone will come up with something for you. The Benson in question here would probably be around 59/60 now - would that be about the right age?

Meg
Attachments
benson.jpg
andyp
New Poster
New Poster

Post by andyp »

yes that sounds about right.
he was in the army also. i shall try and get more info on.
thank you for the reply
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi ap71,
Best joining up,as no one can send you a private message.As it may be about living relatives.

Ellen
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

All fixed, guest poster "ap71" is now member "andyp". Earlier posts updated and now showing "andyp" as poster.

Welcome aboard, Andy? :)
jb51
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by jb51 »

HI, I may be able to help you contact your dad.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

jb51 wrote:HI, I may be able to help you contact your dad.
Hi, jb51, The original poster, Andyp, may not have tagged this topic to receive emails when there is a reply. So, you are welcome to contact he or she privately, by clicking one of the icons on the right of the first post (PM or e-mail) to make contact.

Thanks for posting. We'd like to hear of any success. :gamer1:
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Andy I remember the two boys lived with their grandmother I think their mother could be Mary Andrews but not too sure Hughie will remember the Andrews family from 18 Kirkhall drive Ardrossan Ardrossan the same close as th Hughes family and the McGinns I remember the two I THINK john the eldest this would be around1995 ?
best regard Harry.
Acp71
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Acp71 »

jb51 wrote: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:43 pm HI, I may be able to help you contact your dad.
Hi I know been few years since I originally posted this but how are you able to help me ? Kind regards Andrew