Painting of Saltcoats Harbour

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Painting of Saltcoats Harbour

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote:Been mentioned a few times, Morag. Here's a link to Dorothy's work :
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ ... page1.html

Hughie :santa01:
Thanks Hughie, now I remember seeing them before and thinking what a talented artist she is, just didn't remember the name... I'm away to retire my brushes noo... :cry: :wink:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

We have a black and white sketch of the harbour. Not sure of the artist. Have a photo ready to send to Hugh when he gets home so that he can post it for me. (Will give you a day or two to get your washing done, Hugh)
daleloudon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by daleloudon »

Hi Mike, no idea if you can still see this but I have came across a vinyl record of the saltcoats harbour band signed by 4 members, Tom, John, yourself and another I can't make out. Would this be of any interest to yourself or no anyone who would like it?
mike mccann wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:23 pm Hi Frank,
The Saltcoats Harbour Band was formed in 1982 the members being Tom, John Shearer, John Montgomery and myself.
In 1984 John Shearer moved south and Dusty Miller joined. We played together until 1992 , playing all over Ayrshire and regularly at the Irvine Harbour festival and The Marymas Folk festival. In 1988 we played at the SECC and went to Brittany with the Ardneil Pipe Band playing at the Nantes Festival . Alas Tom and John have passed away . Dusty is still in Saltcoats and I am in Southsea.
Mike
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi, Welcome to threetowners.

Sad to say, Mike passed away early last year. As you will see Mike and the McCann family are well thought of in the area. Here's a link to the news we received: viewtopic.php?p=179133#p179133