The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by Kittywake »

This weekend. Saturday 5th Feb. kick off's at 3pm.
Dundee v Ross County
Hibernian v St Mirren
Livingston v Aberdeen
St Johnstone v Dundee United

Sunday Feb. 6th.
Motherwell v Celtic at 1.30pm
Rangers v Hearts at 4pm.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Former Rangers player turned tv pundit Kris Boyd had a controversial take on Wednesday's game between Celtic and Rangers. Regarding Celtic Captain Callum McGregor's wearing of a medical mask due to having recently suffered a fractured Eye Socket, Boyd had this to say ...

“The fact he (Callum McGregor) managed to get through the 90 minutes without anyone testing out that face mask is another story, but his commitment to the team was tremendous.”

Only a complete idiot would come out with a statement like that plus be daft enough to allow himself to be quoted on it as well.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Stephen Glass sacked at Aberdeen.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:50 am Stephen Glass sacked at Aberdeen.
McBookie odds ...

Next Permanent Aberdeen Manager
Jack Ross
3/1
Jim Goodwin
4/1
Barry Robson
5/1
Scott Brown
5/1
Neil Lennon
6/1
Gordon Strachan
7/1
Paul Lambert
8/1
Derek Adams
10/1
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I would need to agree with McBookie.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

How do you spell he!icpoter
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie- Do you still have a Blue scarf :P

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... s2liF2Hh14
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Not too sure if there's a lot of dissent among the Celtic support.

I think many Rangers fans though see it as some sort of Ange Postecoglou homecoming tournament and don't want their team to be involved. The Gers Board in particular aren't half getting some amount of stick from certain sections of their support.

Ye couldnae make it up. :lol:
Last edited by Kittywake on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:36 am Hughie- Do you still have a Blue scarf :P
Yes still got the scarf she bought me for my 21st birthday, Brian. Haven't got the passion I used to have for the game, if I was home it would be a different story. It's been years since Scottish football was regularly reported in the papers here, now Postecoglou has joined Celtic there seems to be more interest on the part of sports writers.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

After their win at Ibrox on Sunday Celtic are currently 6 points clear of 2nd place Rangers with 6 matches left, it's not done yet but the Hoops are now firmly in the driving seat. Sadly during the match though, there were some unsavoury scenes created by Rangers fans who threw glass bottles aimed at opposition players and staff onto the pitch area, injuring a Celtic employee who needed stiches to a head wound.
Most folk would have thought that this kind of behaviour was consigned to the past. :(

Rangers have also just recently withdrawn from the friendly tournament due to be played in Australia this coming November, supposedly citing contractual issues with the organisers. :lol:
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Yeah it’s disappointing that some people, I don’t consider them supporters or fans, think they are helping the team by trying to intimidate the opposition by throwing missiles. It is sad that in 2022 we have in every team’s support creatures who are steeped in bitterness against anyone who’s view is the opposite to theirs. This is not a new problem but one that the authorities through the years have not been able to solve. I don’t know the answer.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The answer is easy, shut the stand/ground to supporters. People would not be long sorting these idiots out if that were the case and if the clubs are getting hit in the pocket I think they would trying harder to stop the bottles coming in. The SFA would not have the nads to do this though.
The whole throwing things at players seems to be raising it's ugly head again, it was only a couple of months ago that Hearts Barrie McKay being pelted with coins and hit with a bottle at parkhead.
Those wimin were in the nip.