Midweek Euro Football nights.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Midweek Euro Football nights.

Post by brian f »

Tonight
Just a reminder if you have BT Sport. The Celtic game (17:15- 20:15)
Rangers (19:15-22:30)
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Kittiwake,
Sorry I don’t understand your problem with this as you have quoted all the relevant criteria ie points awarded for a win or draw in matches (not in ties and not by the amount of goals they score). This is the case except in qualifying matches which don’t count. It seems simple to me. I think you just don’t like UEFA and will demean anything they do.

Regarding the golf ranking points, these are completely different systems from football and as you say awarded to individuals, and even they differ between amateurs and professionals.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:04 pm Kittiwake,
meekac I don’t understand your problem with this as you have quoted all the relevant criteria ie points awarded for a win or draw in matches (not in ties and not by the amount of goals they score). This is the case except in qualifying matches which don’t count. It seems simple to me. I think you just don’t like UEFA and will demean anything they do.

Regarding the golf ranking points, these are completely different systems from football and as you say awarded to individuals, and even they differ between amateurs and professionals.
meekan, I don't have a problem, but maybe you think me disagreeing with your particular viewpoint is problematic to you?

1.What 'Points' are you referring to? Points awarded for a Win or a Draw in league format matches? or Co-efficient Points awarded to certain Countries?
2.I don't dislike UEFA in general, but like many other genuine football fans I'm aware that most of the important stuff they make decisions on these days will be for the benefit of the few.
3.I think regardless of whether it's Pro or Amateur, Nation's or Individuals', ranking points in golf are basically just the same thing as Co-efficient points in football. The main difference for me though is that golfing bodies don't usually give points out for free. :wink:
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Yeah I should have known that what is a simple statement would be gobbledegook to some.

You maybe should check the differences for awarding rankings in amateur and and professional golfers.

Barnies and empty houses spring to mind at this time for me
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:46 pm Yeah I should have known that what is a simple statement would be gobbledegook to some. You maybe should check the differences for awarding rankings in amateur and and professional golfers.

Barnies and empty houses spring to mind at this time for me
meekan, I'm guessing simple statements don't come very easy for you.

Well done by the way, you've just singlehandedly turned a thread about Euro football nights into a debate about the differences between Pro and Amateur golfers ranking points systems.

Barny's and empty hoose's ? .. I plead not guilty to that but as it's quite funny I'll have a wee chuckle with you. :wink: :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Was thinking last night, what is the point of VAR if they don't show all the angles? Great result over 2 legs but VAR cost the victory last night.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Kudos to Rangers for coming through their tie - but a disappointing night for Celtic.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Well done to Rangers for their win against PSV particularly being without Alfredo Morelos. It appears he has spat the dummy with Colak now being Rangers favoured striker. Morelos is a liability (indiscipline) and most recently cost Rangers two valuable points; they were already down to ten men!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hi, Jim

It's all good with Liverpool coming to play Rangers and Real Madrid facing Celtic shortly .. exciting days are round the corner. As an armchair supporter looking forward.
Best wishes.
Brian
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hello,

Did anyone watch the Man City 3 0 Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League) game last night? pure quality- i cannot see Bayern overturning that score. Tonight it's Real Madrid v Chelsea. I have a feeling Chelsea will be glad to hear the final whistle.. but i have been wrong many times before :lol:

btw- I hope Arsenal win this years EPl but they have to visit Etihad Stadium the home of Man City so a big ask.

Your thoughts.....
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Brian,

I watched the Manchester City match last night and thought it the best game I've seen for a while. I agree that it's unlikely Bayern will reverse the score but a couple of years back everyone wrote off Liverpool when they were three down to Barcelona. The score in the second leg, of course, was 4-0 in favour of the English side. And the only chance Chelsea has tonight against Real Madrid is the absence of adrenaline in the ranks of the latter. No team always wins, and no team always loses, and it usually turns on the absence of adrenaline, when the superior team thinks the game is won before the event. And if you don't have the stimulant at the kick-off you can't turn it on thereafter, which is to your detriment if the underdogs have it in abundance.

I'm with you too in hoping that Arsenal win the League, but I think the two points dropped at LIverpool will cost them dearly, and they have a much more challenging run-in than Manchester City.

My thoughts!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.