Another casualty of a storm " Dudley "

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
floydian slip
Settling In
Settling In

Another casualty of a storm " Dudley "

Post by floydian slip »

Found this big guy wandering around the sewage works in Saltcoats bleeding profusely from a gash in his upper thigh , he also had various cuts over the rest of his body due to being blown into the barbed wire fence surrounding the building, rspca were called , so another swan off to the vets to get stitched up.
Been an unusual couple of months 1 wounded carrion crow , 1 great black backed gull and 2 swans 🤔🤔.
It seems there is more wildlife around since the pandemic, probably because all the humans were locked down lol .
I hadn't seen a curlew for years, then out of the blue 1 appeared then a few more and within a year there have been up to 40 or so walking around Auchinharvie golf course as well as a few other birds that I thought had disappeared from the area.
Brilliant stuff
floydian slip
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Another casualty of a storm " Dudley "

Post by floydian slip »

Forgot photo 🤪🤪
20220220_141447.jpg
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

floydian slip

Well done another lost soul saved

You might inherit the nickname (Vesta) a good and appropriate match for you...👏
floydian slip
Settling In
Settling In

Post by floydian slip »

Lol, thanks Brian, hopefully I won't see anymore for a wee while.
Oh I like the picture of the axolotl , do you still have it ?
I used to sell them as worked as an Aquarium manager down south for some of the biggest suppliers, 3,000 aquariums and a few hundred ponds .
I really miss the job , well not so much a job more of a hobby I got paid for.
I also miss having a tank in the house , I was into corals , reef fish , koi carp " Japanese of course " 😆
Also had axolotl's skinks, tarantulas, scorpions etc.
My kids loved the axolotl's .
One of the shops (Swallow aquatics) had a huge lung fish in a display tank , what an angry creature that was , it was quite a task when we had to move him to clean out his tank.
I hadn't thought about aquariums in a while but seeing the axolotl has kinda rekindled the fire so who knows your profile picture might have started something.
Cheers Brian 👍👍👍
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

floydian slip- I got the image from google after reading something about the axolotl few weeks ago. I had not heard of it until then but i can see how working with them would have gave you job satisfaction. The only pet fish i have ever owned was taken from the fair at the braes in a plastic bag... jeez that was nearly fifty years ago.Have a great week.😜