Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Hughie »

Yes, Mrs Hughie's 2nd dose is in 12 weeks. I should get my first one around the 17th.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

In Germany it depends on the vaccine. BioNTech/Pfitzer 4-6 weeks, Astra Zeneca 3 months. The delivery times are the reason for the difference.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am
brian f wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am Thats, correct Netta

Boney, Actually surprised the doctor seen you... its almost impossible to get an appointment with a doctor in England. For example i phoned the surgery as i expected i had Arthur- Itus last month. Doctor phoned me back and said what do you want physio or pain relief (ie ) ibuprofen. It would be easier to break into a bank than to gain access to a surgery.
Brian, we find it quite easy to see our GPs here. We can book an appointment online or by telephone.
I usually do an online booking then phone when they open to see if I can get an earlier app.
Because Bob has a autoimmune condition his GP will usually fit him in if I ask.
We’re the same here in Ayr Netta - we can usually get a face to face with a doctor within 2 days, phone appointment within 4 hours.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just discovered the reason for the different times between the first and second vaccinations. Astrazeneca -78 days. Pfizer- 21 days. Moderna -28 days. Glad I had one of the faster ones!
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Asked when I was waiting for Bob at the doctors today and apparently 2nd dose of AstraZenaca can be given sooner than 12 weeks but the powers that be have decided you get a better result at 12 weeks.
So guess we will wait the twelve weeks
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

My misses recieved a text today to book an appointment for her second jab. As with the first one she has to attend the same venue...which is quite far from home- No choice.

When i go for my second jab later this month i just need to nip down the road.
Maybe its because I'm Scottish :P
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Went to get my second jab of the Astra Zenica yesterday only to be told there is a change of policy and I will not be having it until the 23rd of June.
I was not very amused and asked how long that this had been know about. I was told a week. So I decided to give them a piece of my mind and tell them how incompetent they were that they could not even do me the courtesy of a phone call as I had other things I could be doing on that day.

Wee Boney
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

You did well Boney. Very inconsiderate of them. :naughty:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

brian f wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm My misses recieved a text today to book an appointment for her second jab. As with the first one she has to attend the same venue...which is quite far from home- No choice.

When i go for my second jab later this month i just need to nip down the road.
Maybe its because I'm Scottish :P
We can get our 2nd jab at any place, just have to make sure it is same type of vaccine as first one.
We will still probably attend the centre where we got our first although it is a bit further to travel.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Had my second vaccine yesterday, the after effects were quite different from the first one, but the nurse had warned me that the second one would have a stronger effect and to keep paracetamol tablets nearby just in case. I went to bed shivering, and my arm was sore, and woke up two hours later with a fever. I took a paracetamol tablet, and the fever left me imediately thank goodness. Today I had a slight headache and took another tablet. I'm feeling very tired, and my arm is still sore but I dont think its the case to use an ice pack. Be advised, keep paracetamol tablets close by when you have your second jab.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

glenshena wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:21 pm Had my second vaccine yesterday, the after effects were quite different from the first one, but the nurse had warned me that the second one would have a stronger effect and to keep paracetamol tablets nearby just in case. I went to bed shivering, and my arm was sore, and woke up two hours later with a fever. I took a paracetamol tablet, and the fever left me imediately thank goodness. Today I had a slight headache and took another tablet. I'm feeling very tired, and my arm is still sore but I dont think its the case to use an ice pack. Be advised, keep paracetamol tablets close by when you have your second jab.
glenshena- I had the second jab AZ on Monday and before the injection was told you will not have bad side effects you had with the first. I did not believe him but credit due he was right . Anyway thats us finished for now, dont know if we will need a booster later in the year? Hope you feel better soon.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Had my first jab of AZ yesterday at my local doctors - 2nd jab due in twelve weeks. Woke up at 4am with a slight shiver which lasted 5 - 10 minutes. On rising felt slight flu symptoms and went back to bed at 11am and slept till 1pm - back to normal.
:puter