Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo »

Agreed Meg, Hancock is saying back to normal by spring. I'll take that with a big pinch of salt. Really want to start moving about again but there'll be a sair couple of months to come yet. Love to be travelling but right now jumping on a train to Glasgow for a few pints would suffice :D
Those wimin were in the nip.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

They started here last Sunday. The first people to get the vaccination are those over 80, those who live in a care home or similar institution regardless of age, doctors, nurses, carers &c. After that high risk patients with chronic diseases.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just had the shock of our lives when my 6 yearold grandaughter was diagnosed POSITIVE with Covid on Monday! She had a slight cold with a little fever so my daughter took her to the local surgery where the doctor gave her a covid tampon test which in a quarter hour somehow proved positive. What a shock. We were shaking all the way home. We had a big black cloud hanging over us for the next 10 days. School cancelled, minibus cancelled, school dinners cancelled and my SIL left work for what should have been 10 days quarantine for all of us. My grandson and grandaughter were given school lessons on line, and my grandaughters whole class were told to stay home for 10 days. We felt awful about that, and were sure we would be really unpopular. It was a terrible thing to go through. So many thoughts go through your head. How we had to avoid people and be avoided, not being able to go out. We worried about how to do our shopping because the fridge was getting empty. Thankfully however my SIL knows the Hospital Doctor responsible for Covid tests and booked a molecular test for my grandaughter the next morning. The result came through in 24 hours. NEGATIVE. All that worry for nothing. We went through hell for three days all because of an inefficient tampon test carried out in a Doctors surgery. We knew it was hard to believe because we were all in a good state of health and very rarely a child of 6 can catch the disease. Be warned, it may take longer but if you have to be tested, but book a hospital molecular test, not a surgery tampon.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Frightening stuff, Jean. Glad all was right in the end with your grandchild. Continue to stay safe! :)
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Nostrodamus wrote in the year 1551:

There will be a twin year (2020) from which will arise a Queen (corona) who will come from the East (China) abd who will spread a plague (Virus) in the darkness of night, on a country with 7 hills (Italy) and will transform the twilight of men into dust (Death) to destroy and ruin the World. It will be the end of the world economy as you know it.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

A poem written in 1869, reprinted in 1919 during the Spansh flu Pandemic.

And people stayed at home, and read books, and listened, and they rested, and did exercises, and made art and played, and learned new ways of being, and stopped and listened more deeply. Someone meditated, someone prayed, someone met their shadow, and people began to think differently, and people healed, and in the abscence of people who lived in ignorant ways, dangerous, meaningless and heartless, the earth also began to heal and when the danger ended and people found themselves they grieved for the dead and made new choices and dreamed of new visions and created new ways of living and completely healed the earth just as they were healed.

Author unknown.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

That’s a lovely poem Jean - full of hope - something that’s missing in spades just now. Thanks for sharing.

Mx
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watch out for Scam NHS e-mails I reiceved one today asking to confirm you want the Vaccine.
GordMac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by GordMac »

Anna and myself were phoned by our surgery last Thursday and asked if we wanted to receive our vaccinations on Friday afternoon,she didn’t need to ask twice.I started thinking if it wouldn’t be better to give the vaccine to younger people first so they can get back to their work and feel safer sending their children back to school,if the teachers could be vaccinated to make them feel safe.Older people can isolate a lot better and easier than families who are cooped up together,sometimes in flats with no outlook.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Iv'e been thinking along them lines too ..
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

GordMac wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:19 pm Anna and myself were phoned by our surgery last Thursday and asked if we wanted to receive our vaccinations on Friday afternoon,she didn’t need to ask twice.I started thinking if it wouldn’t be better to give the vaccine to younger people first so they can get back to their work and feel safer sending their children back to school,if the teachers could be vaccinated to make them feel safe.Older people can isolate a lot better and easier than families who are cooped up together,sometimes in flats with no outlook.
In fact today Germany announced that the Astra Veneca vaccine will be given only to the 18 - 65 years old age group.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

glenshena wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:48 pm In fact today Germany announced that the Astra Veneca vaccine will be given only to the 18 - 65 years old age group.
That's because as yet there is no proof yet that the Astra Zeneca vaccine protects the over 65, unlike Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)