Bill McCrindle entertains !

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Patience
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Bill McCrindle entertains !

Post by Patience »

Bill McCrindle here I enjoyed viewing this contribution from man years ago. I now in my retirement spend more time practising new songs

I sing at the volunteer Arms in Dalry , Melbourne Cafe in Saltcoats and the Ywa Dugs in Ayr.

I fondly remover Majorie Mailer and her husband Peter Robertson.

They were very close friends of my late sister in law Elsie Brodie and her husband Benet.

Regards

Bill McCrindle
Patience
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Patience »

Apologies for the spelling errors my very large tradesman hands and fingers sometimes hit three keyboard buttons at a time.

You can take the boy out of the shipyard but not the reverse.

Kind regards

Billy Rae McCrindle

PS My new stage name
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Billy, A warm welcome to threetowners. I think I had left for Australia before your business took off. I recall the family when you lived in Stanley Road beside my McNamara and Keyes pals. Your sister, Mary was in my class at Eglinton as was her cousin from the Dalry Road end. Again, welcome!

You can always edit your post if you want - just click on the pencil above the post. :wink:
Patience
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Patience »

Hello Hughie I remember all the McNamara and Keyes families very well.My sister Mary passed away several years ago and my younger brother Matthew earlier this year

What is your surname?

Regards

BRM
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Billy,

McCallum is the surname. We lived in Whitlees Crescent, our house looked down McDowall Avenue. Yes I did hear that Mary had passed away, she was a lovely girl. My elder siblings were Jim, Susan and Bobby, all now gone. James McNamara and Donald Keyes a couple of houses along from you were my teenage pals. I remembered where you lived as your mum took in my trousers - made them into drainpipes as was the fashion back then.
Patience
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Patience »

Good to hear from you Mr McCallum I seem to remember a Hugh McCallum.Relative perhaps?

My mother must have altered the trousers of half the young men inArdrossan. There was always boys coming to pick up their trousers

My good friend the late Milne Muir got them done but his Mother noticed it and he got belted.

Regards

William

PS My mother and all the family always called me William
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Billy,

I think the Hugh McCallum you mentioned would be the Saltcoats contractors son. They were originally from Ardrossan (Beggs Terrace I think) before moving to Saltcoats. Hugh and Ian continued and finished their schooling at Eglinton - Ian was in my class, Hugh was older.

BTW Hugh Walker who was at school with you named those in his class at Eglinton School before he left for Canada in 1952. See here
Another post with an image of all your signatures can be seen in this topic: See here