The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Hughie »

Thinking of our dear friend Morag one year on.
Fondly remembered. RIP

Hughie x

viewtopic.php?p=172137#p172137
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Yes Hughie, she is sadly missed on the forum. Can’t believe it’s been a whole year.

Meg
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Heartbreaking - Did not know her personally- only on the forum. Miss her so much.

Brian
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brian f wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:54 pm What a proud moment for Stevenston. Wee Billy Gilmour wins man of the match award playing for Chelsea against the best team in the World (Liverpool) in tonights FA Cup tie.

Chelsea 2 0 Liverpool

A not so proud moment for wee Billy. After a long spell out with injury he comes on as a second half sub for Scotland under 21 game against Croatia u21 and about 5 minutes later gets the Red card for apparently bad language to the ref :shock:

BTW- It was a good game just happened to find it on youtube when Scotland were 0-2 but came back and drew 2-2 Croatia also had a man sent off for Kicking the Notorious Hibernian defender Ryan Porteous.Lets hope the Seniors can put in a good performance against Serbia

Sorry for the mistake in the previous post Billys from Ardrossan :wink:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I'm thinking that only 'Scottish Television' would have the audacity to show the England v. Republic of Ireland friendly match when Scotland are involved in such a vital competitive match in Serbia at the same time :roll:
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I was in the post office at the Townhead in Stevenston this morning, probably the first time I've been in it for about 30 years. What a different place, I remember going in there as a wean and it was so quiet almost church like. Now a full on mini market.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 pm I was in the post office at the Townhead in Stevenston this morning, probably the first time I've been in it for about 30 years. What a different place, I remember going in there as a wean and it was so quiet almost church like. Now a full on mini market.

I was last in it about 10/12 years ago when i stayed in the Shandylands caravan park :P for a week. Had to change some Scottish notes for Unglish when going back as some shops would not take them in Ungland.

Need to go back up the road soon... just need to get around a wee problem :think:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:01 pm
bonzo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 pm I was in the post office at the Townhead in Stevenston this morning, probably the first time I've been in it for about 30 years. What a different place, I remember going in there as a wean and it was so quiet almost church like. Now a full on mini market.

I was last in it about 10/12 years ago when i stayed in the Shandylands caravan park :P for a week. Had to change some Scottish notes for Unglish when going back as some shops would not take them in Ungland.

Need to go back up the road soon... just need to get around a wee problem :think:
Maybe by next summer you'll be able to come up Brian, and you can take me for a pint :mrgreen:
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Would love that bonzo and to meet lots of other members :)

And by the way i enjoy a quiz night ... As long as its not as hard as Hughies... :D //funny
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:19 pm Would love that bonzo and to meet lots of other members :)

And by the way i enjoy a quiz night ... As long as its not as hard as Hughies... :D //funny
If we are at the point where we can meet more than two households, we might think about a wee social night at the Champion Shell. It’s been a while ...

Meg
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:19 pm And by the way i enjoy a quiz night ... As long as its not as hard as Hughies... :D //funny
I find them hard too, Brian. But think of all the wonderful things you've learned :roll: :wink: Next one will be number 50. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I thoroughly enjoy the quiz Hughie. Every day is a School Day on your wee forum :D