Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
chef
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by chef »

Re Covid 19 pandemic.
As a species Humans are born to die
so let us not get caught up in the hysteria perpetrated by those and such as those who spout Stay Home, Protect N H S, Save lives.The sum total of ZERO lives will be saved.
Now we have got to ask ourselves WHY this Government led hysterical situation has been allowed to deflect from everything in the news.Has someone got something to hide that is so serious they have got to bankrupt all the leading economies.I also wonder which nation or individual has most to gain from such a course of action???

I have heard most of the " conspiracies" going around and take each one with a large pinch of salt, Nevertheless …………………..
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Waooool! Bet you think the world is flat
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

chef wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 am Re Covid 19 pandemic.
As a species Humans are born to die
so let us not get caught up in the hysteria perpetrated by those and such as those who spout Stay Home, Protect N H S, Save lives.The sum total of ZERO lives will be saved.
Now we have got to ask ourselves WHY this Government led hysterical situation has been allowed to deflect from everything in the news.Has someone got something to hide that is so serious they have got to bankrupt all the leading economies.I also wonder which nation or individual has most to gain from such a course of action???

I have heard most of the " conspiracies" going around and take each one with a large pinch of salt, Nevertheless …………………..
I’m with Meekan here - staying home, protecting the SNHS, save lives IS helping - and I, for one, will NOT be changing anything because for us - both pensioners in our late 60s, this is working. I don’t know what government you are referring to when you say ‘this Government’ but if it is the Scottish Government, then I feel I am being spoken to EVERY day by an adult to an adult, and I trust what they are saying. No conspiracy theories, no differences from any other European country, no malevolence detected in their actions - unless you are talking about Westminster - then ......
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Well said Meg! I think Mr.Chef is the only person in GB that does not concorde with the lockdown situation so as to prevent loss of life. His negativity is apalling. Can he think of anything else that would stop the spread of this virus? Anything that can be done to stop it from spreading should be accepted unconditionally by all. The financial repercussions are being felt world wide, no-one is benefiting from anyone elses misfortunes and in due course everything will be analised and adjusted.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

So are we all clear on what we are being encouraged/discouraged to do now?
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Looks like England have declared independence from the rest of UK. Typical
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am Looks like England have declared independence from the rest of UK. Typical
Most of the journos on TV interviews and during the FM daily briefing today were pointing fingers at Nicola, accusing her of causing the confusion - however, no one pointed out that Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are all in agreement - it’s England that is out of step. By the way - does anyone else think Piers Morgan is doing the opposition’s job. I have never liked the man, but I’ve a grudging admiration for the way he’s taking this government to task.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Yip I was listening to the Jeremy vine show on the radio and thinking the same, it's not the devolved governments that have fell out of step it's Westminster. As for Johnson telling people to return to work today then Rabb coming out this morning and say no return to work on Wednesday. If this wasn't as serious it would be hilarious.
Those wimin were in the nip.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Today for the first time we had no new cases in the region I live in, and it's day 9 or 10 without a recorded death due to covid19. :D
As of last week we have some new rules. All shops can open again, but there are certain rules still to be observed. Same for restaurants, pubs, fitness clubs etc. Day care centres for pre-school children are opening too. This is however only for regions where there were max. 50 new cases per 100,000 residents within the last 7 days. If there are more cases then the the old restrictions are back. It's checked every day and shown on the dashboard.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

hahaya2004 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:39 pm Today for the first time we had no new cases in the region I live in, and it's day 9 or 10 without a recorded death due to covid19. :D
As of last week we have some new rules. All shops can open again, but there are certain rules still to be observed. Same for restaurants, pubs, fitness clubs etc. Day care centres for pre-school children are opening too. This is however only for regions where there were max. 50 new cases per 100,000 residents within the last 7 days. If there are more cases then the the old restrictions are back. It's checked every day and shown on the dashboard.
That’s great news for you - it must be such a relief. I know that George and I will still be self isolating and wearing masks if we need to go into shops and staying home! We walk every morning so we are probably getting more exercise than we would normally do, but must admit I miss my weekly visit to the gym and my couple of swims a week. I don’t think we will take things for granted again for a long time.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

meekan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am Looks like England have declared independence from the rest of UK. Typical
I always laughed when the English used to moan about the Scots, Welsh and N. Irish all having their own Parliaments, while they did not. This is the final proof that they will never understand that for the last 300-odd years they have had their own English parliament, (which they fondly called British), and which the rest of us were forced to follow.
They simply never seem to get it that this is the reason we want to be free of them.

JD.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Meg wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:50 pm I know that George and I will still be self isolating and wearing masks if we need to go into shops and staying home! We walk every morning so we are probably getting more exercise than we would normally do, but must admit I miss my weekly visit to the gym and my couple of swims a week. I don’t think we will take things for granted again for a long time.
We still have to wear masks and keep our distance from each other. Restaurants for instance have to place their tables at least 1.5m apart, and only family members are allowed to sit together at one table. I think pubs are restricted by the number of people allowed to be in there at one time.

One positive thing is that we now have a drive-in cinema. With certain rules, of course. At most only 2 people in the car, and from the same household. Exception is the matinee at the weekend, where the children can come as well. They have two films daily (3 with the weekend matinee).
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)