Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:44 am
Meg wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 pm Hi Netta - yes he was one of a kind. He made my dads nameplate for the front door - it was brass and the letters were German Gothic font. It went to New Zealand to my brother Jim. Mr McCracken was sooooo talented wasnt he. Would love to see pics of his sketches.

Mx
Meg, will see if I can look them out and copy them. Will email to you. Got family here at moment. Daughter moving to Geelong next week, but homeless at the moment.
Never got that email from you.
It didn’t bounce either Netta - goodness knows where in the ether it ended up. I’m in Vancouver at the moment - staying for another week then home leaving George who’ll be here til end of April. Xxx
Bobby61
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Bobby61 »

Hi I'm Bobby kerr grew up in saltcoats in the sixties and seventies and have many great memories from those day's is there anyone from here that remembers me lol ,went to school at saltcoats public and Mayfield primary and then auchenharvie secondary, was friends with Kevin mathieson and, Alex Bennett and others I've forgotten. Hope to hear from anyone who knows me
Lizabeth
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Lizabeth »

Hi , my name is Liz scott I went to eglinton/ winton 1953 to 63 ,I was born in ardrossan, I now live in Saltcoats,so I have travelled far? As you can see,, been on site a few times but keep getting lost hehe nice to be back hope to see who's still on and to enjoy the chats thanks.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Nice to see you back, Liz. :D
Spuds
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Spuds »

Hello there Im Davie Hughes or Spuds as most folk would know me. Brought up in Kinnier Road then moved to Morris Moodie Ave then on to New England Road before moving to Maxwell place up the tap end before finally settling in Kilwinning where I am now. If anyone asks me where Im from I still say Saltcoats
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A warm welcome to you, Davie. Hope you enjoy being here at threetowners. :hi:
KevinReid
New Poster
New Poster

Post by KevinReid »

I'm originally from Stevenston and have been living abroad for the last 4 years. Prior to that I lived in Kirriemuir and the north east of Scotland for 20 odd years.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

KevinReid wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 am I'm originally from Stevenston and have been living abroad for the last 4 years. Prior to that I lived in Kirriemuir and the north east of Scotland for 20 odd years.
A warm welcome to the Threetowners Kevin - looking forward to reading your posts.

Meg
cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Post by cadoganman »

Good evening to you all,

My name is Michael Campbell and I have resided in quite a few addresses in the town centre since I was born in 1951. These have included Hamilton St,
Manse St. and 1 Caledonia Rd. which shared the address of 11 Ardrossan Rd. opposite Dr. McCanns surgery and next to Ness gardens. I have vivid memories of Hamilton St, including the majority of the shops of the late Fifties and early Sixties all the way from Tortalanis and Cavannis to that doyen of the electrical retail trade Gregor Watson opposite Duncans corner shop. These memories flooded back when I happened upon your site whilst proving to a disbelieving friend that St. Steven Clarke was born in Saltcoats . Who can forget queuing up for Herdmans pies on a Saturday or a sally into The Household Bazaar (Next to Woolies )to spend our pocket money, after looking in Jackie Boyd's new window display. I would be more than happy to share any memories I have with anyone who wants to enquire and I look forward to reliving some of my nostalgic notions through the medium of your really informative website.

Kind regards
Michael Campbell
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A warm welcome to you, Michael. Hope to hear more from you. :)
cadoganman wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm These have included Hamilton St,
Manse St. and 1 Caledonia Rd. which shared the address of 11 Ardrossan Rd. opposite Dr. McCanns surgery and next to Ness gardens.
I just had to have a look as I've walked up Caledonia Rd. so many times. That was the preferred way to get back to Ardrossan - through the Plantation.

cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Caledonia Rd to the Plantation.

Post by cadoganman »

Thanks for the pic Hughie it does bring back many memories. When we moved into the house on Caledonia Rd.(which I am now told has been converted into separate properties) the lower part of the house in Ardrossan Rd. came with a sitting tenant who I believe was a Mrs Green the wife of a local dentist who had already passed away. She lived on for a few years and after taking full possession of the building we as children were delighted to find that there was a cupboard with a false back which led to various vaulted brick tunnels which ran all the way the way underneath the banking of the bridge. As regards the Plantation there are many times we enjoyed a rope swing over the Galloway burn or indeed building a dam made of sand where the burn exited onto South Beach.
regards
Michael
Max
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Max »

Hughie wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm A warm welcome to you, Michael. Hope to hear more from you. :)
cadoganman wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm These have included Hamilton St,
Manse St. and 1 Caledonia Rd. which shared the address of 11 Ardrossan Rd. opposite Dr. McCanns surgery and next to Ness gardens.
I just had to have a look as I've walked up Caledonia Rd. so many times. That was the preferred way to get back to Ardrossan - through the Plantation.

In the back of the recesses of my mind I recall Dennis Nelson living at 1 Caledonia Road. Anyone else able to confirm this?