NHS The App

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

NHS The App

Post by Vivc113 »

Hi,

I heard on the news this morning the NHS will be launching an APP from December 2018, apparently designed to stop the hassle of getting through on the telephone lines. You may also view your medical records, etc. Launching in England, and hailed by looney choons Jeremy Hunt as a "birthday present". If it works, it will no doubt be everywhere in the U.K.

What do you all think?? Is this one step too far, taking the human element out of yet another situation, or would you welcome this??
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: NHS The App

Post by creamolafoam »

The nhs certainly has a heavy workload & anything that can make it easier will be a good thing.
Funnily enough, I had to call my own doctors last wk to make an appointment ( first in a long while). Called continuously for what seemed like ages (engaged constantly) & when I did get through the appointments had all gone, all before 8.45 in the morning. Told the lassie to forget it.
On a side note, every time that constant smirking Jeremy hunt comes on the telly, I have turn over😡
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

There are certain issues that bother me: one being confidentiality. It will need to be made as secure as online banking.

Also: yet more job losses for receptionists??

I know what you mean about Hunt and trying to get an appointment.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I heard a story about an old gentleman in Largs who having suddenly taken ill called to get an appointment with his doctor and was given one three weeks later, to which he replied I could be dead and buried by then. The response from the receptionist was, then make sure you get someone to cancel your appointment.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Quite funny that meekan - but it's a real sad state of affairs for the NHS when I've found myself wondering if it might actually be true. :roll:

Personally speaking here, I'm intrigued as to what a phone App. will actually do to make it easier for patient's to book an 'On the Day' appointment.
And what about anyone who won't have access to the new App - many of whom will be pensioner's - are they going to lose out?

I'll reserve judgement on it though till it's been up and running for a good few month's at least.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Every NHS patient will be able to book GP appointments and check their symptoms on a smartphone app that ministers promise will make getting treatment as easy as online shopping.

Never came across medical records.

Is it just England?

Sc
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... h-services

I have been doing this online for a few years now.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

sweet caroline wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... h-services

SC
You are a fool. Only encourages this Govt to make APPS for everything. We should all refuse to use it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I must be a fool as well then, I get my prescriptions on the surgery website.
Those wimin were in the nip.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Vivc113 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 pm
sweet caroline wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... h-services

SC
You are a fool. Only encourages this Govt to make APPS for everything. We should all refuse to use it.
if you don't know the person then that comment is uncalled for.I like your Signature :D
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Vivc113 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Viv - the wording of this post is too strong - I remind you of rule 5 in the Forum rules

No Flaming. Flaming includes, but is not limited to: Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members. Offending posts may be, edited, moved or deleted, or topics may be locked at the discretion of the administrator or moderators. Offenders will be warned, and those failing to heed such a warning may be banned by the administrator for a stated period.

This is your first warning.