Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding

Post by bobnetau »

Sarah, I have to admit we watched the football, with a quick channel change to see the bride walk down the aisle. Had the family here and Jen and I were outvoted 4 to 2.
Interesting listening to the two grandchildren discuss which Royal was which. Obviously don't get much about the Royals at school, although the younger one was getting some right.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:55 am
michaelm wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:49 pm Didnae bother ma erse as it must have been worse than watching paint dry. Understand why some women might have wanted to watch it, but how any man can sit through that is mind boggling. :)
You soul less creature. :lol:

Same as watching football for many of us. Bet you were glued to that.
Thought I might get a wee response like that to my comment from someone Vivc. :lol:

I don't really mind weddings, just can't be bothered with the tediously long and drawn out televised affairs where the camera's spend a huge amount of time zooming in on so called 'celebrities' just to see what they're wearing, who they're with etc. And then there's all the boring Hymn singing as well.
It's mostly wummin's stuff to me.

Football? now yer talking, that's REAL excitement! :lol:
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Sarah wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:33 am it was a great wedding, myself and two neighbours had a ball, picked the neighbour with the biggest TV
we had lots of nibbles and champagne , we had our tiaras on [from the 2 dollar shop] carried on like royalty,
cracked up at the looks on the faces of some royals when the American preacher was doing his bit loved the fashions especially George Clooney and his wife, etc etc . we had a great time and the Bride looked beautiful,
had a lovely time i agree with you Viv it beats bloody football which is all you get here at the moment ...
Sounds wonderful.

I have a friend in New York, who was having an 'English' breakfast, complete with crockery from the U.K. Her husband had a tiara on in a facebook pic, and it really is a sight to behold. :lol:

I read yesterday morning that the Beckhams were having a bust up. I failed to notice this on Saturday. There were numerous comments about Victoria's sour face, but then, that woman has a face like a lemon tart on any day of the week, let alone a wedding day. :lol:

There is a Harry / Meghan movie which I found on YouTube, Sarah. Watched 15 minutes of it last night, but was too tired to watch any more. I sent it to my gmail, so will start watching again this weekend. "Harry and Meghan 2018 - Lifetime Movies 2018".
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

michaelm wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:49 pm Didnae bother ma erse as it must have been worse than watching paint dry. Understand why some women might have wanted to watch it, but how any man can sit through that is mind boggling. :)
Me too, absolutely..no interest at all.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Nobody cares anymore. And to all the folk moaning about the cost to the tax payer for the wedding, just think of the millions and millions they bring in in revenue and tourism to the UK **

** And SHUT UP. :evil: :evil:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am Nobody cares anymore. And to all the folk moaning about the cost to the tax payer for the wedding, just think of the millions and millions they bring in in revenue and tourism to the UK **

As tantrum's go Vivc, that one has to be up there with the best of them I've seen on here. :lol:

ps. No shouting aloud allowed. :)
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am Nobody cares anymore. And to all the folk moaning about the cost to the tax payer for the wedding, just think of the millions and millions they bring in in revenue and tourism to the UK **

and how much they cost?
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

morag wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

and how much they cost?
Granny could've paid wi' plenty left over.
C.S.Lewis
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Viv, a gentle reminder of the site rules, especially Number 5

No Flaming. Flaming includes, but is not limited to: Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members. Offending posts may be, edited, moved or deleted, or topics may be locked at the discretion of the administrator or moderators.

Meg
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

morag wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am
morag wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

and how much they cost?
Granny could've paid wi' plenty left over.
Talking about the royal wedding costing in the region of £30 mill, but the revenue it brought was £80 mill. You don’t need to be columbo to know who as are anti royal family on this forum :lol:
Looking back on the highlights have to admit the weans stole the show for me.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:38 pm [Talking about the royal wedding costing in the region of £30 mill, but the revenue it brought was £80 mill. You don’t need to be columbo to know who as are anti royal family on this forum :lol:
OK Creamolafoam, I'm not a royalist; got no time for them, they are an anachronism.
Your figures are very nice.
Now tell me who coughed up the 30 million and who trousered the 80 million. None of my family or friends were better off because of it.

JD.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

John Donnelly wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm
creamolafoam wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:38 pm [Talking about the royal wedding costing in the region of £30 mill, but the revenue it brought was £80 mill. You don’t need to be columbo to know who as are anti royal family on this forum :lol:
OK Creamolafoam, I'm not a royalist; got no time for them, they are an anachronism.
Your figures are very nice.
Now tell me who coughed up the 30 million and who trousered the 80 million. None of my family or friends were better off because of it.

JD.
We will have none of that bolshy talk here sir. This is Great Britain your talking about :)