Kyleshill School 59-60

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Kyleshill School 59-60

Post by little plum »

This was taken at Auchenharvie, it was after Pringles garage went on fire.

Back row, ????,????, Danny McKinly, Duncan McLelland, Iain Morrison, Duncan McInnes, Gordon Sutherland, ????, David Weir, Bryden McGuinness, Eddy Lennox
2nd top, ????,????,????,????,????,????,????, Kay Cramb, ????, Marion Bell, Theresa Beattie, Brian Shaw.
3rd row, ????, Ann Weir, ????, ????, Madelene De Mello, Marion Sloss, ????, ????, Jean Cairns, ????, ????,
Front row, William Barr, ????, Robin Millar, Joey Hamilton, ????, Charles Millar, ????, ????.
Last edited by Hughie on Fri May 18, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Kyleshill School 59/60

Post by Penny Tray »

Great photo Little Plumb. I knew Bryden McGuinness and Jean Cairns (Kilmory Road, Saltcoats) from time spent at Saltcoats Bathing Pool. Bryden's sister also swam there on a regular basis but I'm struggling to remember her first name. I also remember Bryden's dad - I have a clear vision of him but strangely can't remember from where. Did he work with British Rail? Someone might know?
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Alan should know him. Bryden dated my pal about the same time I dated Alan.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
doreen
New Poster
New Poster

Post by doreen »

Hi Doreen Crilly (Wight) here. I can give you two names for this photograph. The first 2nd row first left my brother William Wight and the second is 3rd row first left Robert Stevenson. We lived in Burns Avenue, including Robert. Hope this helps. I now live in Ellesmere Port near Liverpool/Chester and my brother Billy lives in Dumbarton and has just retired from teaching. :D
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Hi my names is Ian Irvine Mchallam I am the last one on right 3rd row on bottom row is Alex Barr of New England road not William at at other end is Philip Davidson I have this photo but thought it was earlier than 1959 as fire at Pringles was the year I started school1955.
Marion bell lived on Dalry rd Salcoats and I believe she was born19/04/1950 a day before me I lived in Kidonan place
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

A couple of other names are top left first Arthur woodcock second Robert Boyd ,burns ave and bottom row robert Boyd from Miller road next to Charles miller
Steviem1989
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Steviem1989 »

I believe my mum is in this photo, Madeleine de mello. Delighted to come across this page. My mum passed away in 1999 but lovely to have come across a couple of pictures of her here.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Steviem1989 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 am I believe my mum is in this photo, Madeleine de mello. Delighted to come across this page. My mum passed away in 1999 but lovely to have come across a couple of pictures of her here.
Hi Stevie, a warm welcome to the 3ts. I wonder if Denise de Mello was related to your mum, it’s such an unusual name. When I was at Ardrossan Academy a few millennium ago, Denise was a few years above me - I believe she now lives down in Trumpton (or Turnberry as it used to be known).

Regards
Meg
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Steviem1989 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 am I believe my mum is in this photo, Madeleine de mello. Delighted to come across this page. My mum passed away in 1999 but lovely to have come across a couple of pictures of her here.
Hi steviem I went to school with your mum she is in the third row 5th in fromleft sorry ti here she passed away so young there is a school photo just put on the Saltcoats Facebook of a earlier year 1955/56 at Kyleshill before we had to go to Aughenharvie because of the new build
Ian