PC support and help

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: PC support and help

Post by michaelm »

I'm wondering where the person who said they'd give us all this (almost) free help and support has gone?
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Weel,my wee Chromebook is now a jukebox...just plays music...on and on from the last music link I hit and, apparently, anything similar...
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by georgersweir »

morag wrote:ok, tried that, now I can't do anything on it! Because I tapped the check to untap I can't retap the check button!
Now on old slow Sony. :roll:
Morag, most notebooks (including chromebooks) have clickable buttons in addition to a 'clickable' mousepad. If yours does not, then it may still be possible for you to return to the settings page and use the tab key to move between options followed by the space bar to select (or deselect) an option. Try this as a way to “Enable tap-to-click”.
I'm still saving up for a signature.
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Witterquick »

I'm always happy to help out if anyone needs any assistance as well, got 15 years IT experience, albeit more towards servers and infrastructure, than home PCs :) !

As for trackpads, they're awful things. They can be replaced, but it's a pain - better off just getting a cheap USB mouse!
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

georgersweir wrote:
morag wrote:ok, tried that, now I can't do anything on it! Because I tapped the check to untap I can't retap the check button!
Now on old slow Sony. :roll:
Morag, most notebooks (including chromebooks) have clickable buttons in addition to a 'clickable' mousepad. If yours does not, then it may still be possible for you to return to the settings page and use the tab key to move between options followed by the space bar to select (or deselect) an option. Try this as a way to “Enable tap-to-click”.
Thank you George, think it's back now, but I'll have to adjust to not heavy clicking and tap instead :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis