Visiting Glasgow (Feb 2001)

Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Visiting Glasgow (Feb 2001)

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001

My memories of visiting Glesga were when I was just in my teens. The excitement of the new rigout meant I didn't get much sleep the night before. There was a store called 'what every woman wants' I recall (with the the good auld Callie Check) Mam was able to buy me a skirt a top a coat and a hat and gloves and a pair of shoes for the grand total of ten pounds. The hat and gloves were a must for Jock Troddens on a Sunday. By the way I only got new because the ones above me were working by that time. Thanks Bobby
Margaret

Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001

Dear all, mention of the Callie or Caledonian cheque rang a loud bell for me. I too got all my new rig outs in Glasgow, often with a callie cheque I loved C & A and the other shops in Argyll St. I bought my wedding dress in Lattins or was it Latters, something like that anyway. I had picked out a style that was to be ready 2 weeks before the wedding, and when I went to get it the shop had been doing renovations and my dress had not been done. They quickly found another for me that was even better and gave me a discount. it needed a small alteration but thank God was ready the week before the wedding. A close shave.
regards Betty

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001

Hi All, I remember going to "Rita's" with the "Provi" check. I still remember when the Tom Jones style came in with the black bow on it. I got a blue coat with a black bow that year! Sally O xxx