Speed

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Speed

Post by georgersweir »

little plum wrote:Well I'm a year down the line, but I think this is as good as I will get it for now.
LP, have you tried checking your broadband performance using an online tool? For example, http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk (many other broadband speed checkers are available). The performance indicated is subject to fluctuation at different times of day, but it may give you a clearer indication of your broadband capacity. Here is an example:

I'm still saving up for a signature.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Speed

Post by little plum »

George, I would like to thank you for the suggestion but I think we are at crossed purposes. I was referring to J.D's and Richards post suggesting a navigation problem rather than a broadband one. The problem that caused navigation issues for me was the disc activity as seen in the first image I posted. I am pleased to say that I have successfully reduced the constant hard drive activity from what sounded like a hairdryer to a gentle hum. I still get peaks of activity on the hard drive from mmc.exe and system4 but I can live with it. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons