New puter

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Re: New puter

Post by Witterquick »

Microsoft are planning on bringing back the start button to Windows 8 - might find it a bit more user friendly once that's in place!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22714048
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Meg wrote:Straying off topic guys.

Meg

That was that wee gnyaff Meg...but anyways Windows8 has a million Apps but if you try to play one of the games they cut you off halfway through to remind you where you can buy it :( no free lunch in other words. :mrgreen:
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Witterquick wrote:Microsoft are planning on bringing back the start button to Windows 8 - might find it a bit more user friendly once that's in place!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22714048

I didn't realize how much I loved my START button. :(
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Josephine,

Interesting you should mention apps. There was a report this morning in our daily newspaper of a woman who downloaded an app for her daughter. It was about having your own horse as a pet, she thought it would be good for the girl who was a horse lover. Within half an hour of having the game she had racked up $109.00 to feed the horse. Apparently you have to feed the horse to keep the game going. It was listed as a warning to others not to fall into the trap which could see you well out of pocket.

Wee Boney

P.S. Say hello to Chizzel for me on your next visit.
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Witterquick »

Not that I have any kids yet or anything but it's for that reason that I always check reviews before I buy things now. Not just apps, but anything! Even the stuff in the random aisle in Lidls, I check the reviews for it on my phone before I consider buying!
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Every time I download an app for my iPad I have to put in my password, something I would NEVER give anyone else, especially my kid! Not exactly rocket science.

Meg
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

gnyaff wrote:Hi Josephine,

Interesting you should mention apps. There was a report this morning in our daily newspaper of a woman who downloaded an app for her daughter. It was about having your own horse as a pet, she thought it would be good for the girl who was a horse lover. Within half an hour of having the game she had racked up $109.00 to feed the horse. Apparently you have to feed the horse to keep the game going. It was listed as a warning to others not to fall into the trap which could see you well out of pocket.

Wee Boney

P.S. Say hello to Chizzel for me on your next visit.
When I want to play a FREE game I just go to GOOGLE and click.....(free online games) I always works :mrgreen:

PS WB Chizzell says...when he gets oot he's coming tae visit.. :mrgreen: