Banner ads

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Banner ads

Post by little plum »

Just wondering if others are experiencing banner ads at the top of each topic, it seems to be only in the last couple of weeks and is intermittent, here's a sample.

ad banner.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Banner ads

Post by Hughie »

Neil, Only guests see those half banner ads at the start of each topic's page - I've made sure members logged in don't see them - It helps pay the annual hosting costs.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I've only seen ads at the bottom of the page.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, Morag. There is one unobtrusive ad way down well below the last post in each topic which everyone sees.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hughie:
Well done on the ads.
I personally don't like being bombarded with unwanted advertisements but completely understand the financial
need for them. However, I think you've got the placing of them spot on. They are clear enough to be seen but
discrete enough not to be in-your-face.
I have seen some sites that are absolutely horrendous due to their advertising and it just puts you right off.
I'm talking about advertising being placed within posts and/or between every other post.
I think you've got it just right and I hope you never have to go down that road.
Well done and thank's for keeping them discrete.
:D
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote:Neil, Only guests see those half banner ads at the start of each topic's page - I've made sure members logged in don't see them - It helps pay the annual hosting costs.
Hughie, I never even thought of cost, I'm quite computer dumb. If all members would pay $5, or thereabouts, would it cover? Clueless but ready to help! :)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

No need for that, Morag. Mr Google helps keep us coasting along. All we need is for members to continue their support by adding varying topics relating to our three towns here on our forum. :)
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

morag wrote:
Hughie wrote:Neil, Only guests see those half banner ads at the start of each topic's page - I've made sure members logged in don't see them - It helps pay the annual hosting costs.
Hughie, I never even thought of cost, I'm quite computer dumb. If all members would pay $5, or thereabouts, would it cover? Clueless but ready to help! :)
Oh, Morag, don't go giving Hugh any ideas. Before we know it he will be charging Bobby and I an admission fee on a Frid. night for fish and chips. lol.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hmmm! Might pay for my snorkel on the GBR. :wink: