linda stevenson , CORDOBA, ARGENTINA 2012

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
linda stevenson
Settling In
Settling In

Re: linda stevenson , CORDOBA, ARGENTINA 2012

Post by linda stevenson »

linda stevenson wrote:
Richard wrote:Linda/PT:
Another Scottish/Argentinian connection was Alexander Watson Hutton.
He is considered to be the founding father of Argentinian football.
Here is a little bit about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Watson_Hutton

BTW Linda: I'll need to be having a word with my father-in-law, to see if there is something he is not telling
us ? That wee boy with the red hair is the spit-image of my wife's youngest brother, (when he was about 8/9).
:? Well, they do say that we are all supposed to have a "double" somewhere ?????
HI RICHARD..... //funny they do say we all have a double so dont be too hard on your father in law !! but a funny coincedence you mentioning FOOTBALL AND THEN my little mate from the photo who has just been signed up to play for a club in cordoba CALLED TALLERES,,, maybe a future red haired MESSI ? :D
WELL I MUST ADMIT YOU LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY I HAD NO IDEA WHO ALEX HUTTON WAS !!!!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO RICHARD.... WE HAD A FAMOUS RED HAIRED PLAYER IN 1978 WHO IS ALSO LIKE A GROWN UP VERSION OF MY LITTLE FRIEND CALLED... carlos javier MCALLISTER... http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/1 ... ister.html :D
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Great post Linda, you learn something every day in the 3ts, looks like you had a great holiday , or had a great holiday..
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank's for that Linda.
Ditto, Sarah's comments, (regarding the something new every day).
//perfect
linda stevenson
Settling In
Settling In

Sarah wrote:Great post Linda, you learn something every day in the 3ts, looks like you had a great holiday , or had a great holiday..
yes i did Sarah cordoba is absolutely beautiful...i live 700 kilom south of buenos aires on the coast ...small town called PUNTA ALTA.. its nice to have the atlantic near by in the summer when we are FRYING...AFTER 35 YEARS I STILL CANT STAND THE HEAT!! I live near the beach DARWIN came to explore and of course we have the DINASAUR FOOTPRINTS on the beaches !! well argentina is only 200 years old so its still being discovered lolll //funny
linda stevenson
Settling In
Settling In

Richard wrote:Thank's for that Linda.
Ditto, Sarah's comments, (regarding the something new every day).
//perfect
//perfect and thank you too richard ...isnt INTERNET WONDERFUL!!!!!!! i found this page by accident !!! brings back many many memories ..one i hadnt thought about in years was the DAIRY on parkhouse road which was right across from where i lived and i remember going to buy the dinky glass bottles of ORANGE JUICE there !! :D thanks for sharing with me ... //perfect
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

linda stevenson wrote:one i hadnt thought about in years was the DAIRY on parkhouse road which was right across from where i lived and i remember going to buy the dinky glass bottles of ORANGE JUICE there !! :D thanks for sharing with me ... //perfect
Linda,
You should find this topic from a few years ago interesting - it's about the Dairy : http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 790#p41790
linda stevenson
Settling In
Settling In

Hughie wrote:
linda stevenson wrote:one i hadnt thought about in years was the DAIRY on parkhouse road which was right across from where i lived and i remember going to buy the dinky glass bottles of ORANGE JUICE there !! :D thanks for sharing with me ... //perfect
Linda,
You should find this topic from a few years ago interesting - it's about the Dairy : http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 790#p41790
//perfect thanks hughie!!!!!!!!!!!! all this reminiscing WE R SHOWING OUR AGE!!! //funny
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Richard,

Thanks for that information on Alexander Watson Hutton. I was unaware of that connection.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Your welcome, PT.
No problem.
Nice to know I managed to do something of interest to you, after the help you gave me with "Blarvie".
:wink: