Rangers F.C.

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Rangers F.C.

Post by Vivc113 »

What do you all think of this situation with Rangers?? How did things get this bad??

Can the club be saved??

Heard loads of people talking about it yesterday whilst out and about. Someone locally yesterday was saying to me there will always be an eccentric out there who WILL buy the Club.

What you think??
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Rangers F.C.

Post by sweet caroline »

Seems Portmouth also owes the Tax Man

sweet caroline
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Did hear that "today's the day the teddy bears had their pitch nicked"

Meg
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

who cares, might help the local clubs if they go bust/ The old firm are just a drain on scotland, they take fans out of local communities and contribute sod all

would be better if sellick went bust too though //perfect
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Interesting view!! You're the only one who has come out and said that !! :mrgreen:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
mike mccann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mike mccann »

Inevitably Rangers' jokes are now proliferating and here are a couple I heard today .
a ) Radio Scotland announced today that Rangers have signed a new TV deal with the
History Channel .
b) The adminstrators today announced the first Ibrox redundancies ......two referees and three linesmen .
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I'd be quiet happy to see the demise of both the old firm teams. The present situation I don't know or care about - it doesn't seem to make the major news stories here in Oz.

We all know what these two clubs exist on ... let's abandon them and get back to supporting our local clubs. Sorry if I've offended anyone, but from afar some things really get to me.

I might add I spent my youth at the Copland Road end of Ibrox.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

Rangers are in the position they're in simply by overspending and mismanagement over many years.

Unfortunately for them, they are now reaping what they've sowed.

One thing that puzzles me though, why is everybody and their uncle from the media to politicians falling over themselves saying Rangers need to be saved?

I don't recall the same concerns when Celtic were in deep trouble nearly 20 years ago.

Also, why have Celtic to be volleyed into touch along with Rangers?

Celtic managed to get their act together with the superb leadership from a little Scots/Canadian back then, who incidently, the Scottish press had it in for. They couldn't beat him though, and now Celtic very strong.

Here's the way The Sunday Mail were reporting events.......
Sunday Mail Celtic Gravestone.jpg
Sunday Mail Celtic RIP.jpg
Sunday Mail Cracked Celtic Crest.jpg
Fair? You decide.

I feel sorry for the decent Rangers supporters who see their club in such a state, but I've zero sympathy for the ones who put them in this situation.

Finally, who are these local teams we've to support....Ardeer Th, Saltcoats Vics, Winton R?

No.....I know it's Killie (13 miles away) and Ayr Utd (20 miles away). Hardly local IMHO.

Besides, I wouldn't open my curtains to see either of these two if they were playing out my backdoor, but that's just me.
phands
Settling In
Settling In

Post by phands »

aland wrote:who cares, might help the local clubs if they go bust/ The old firm are just a drain on scotland, they take fans out of local communities and contribute sod all

would be better if sellick went bust too though //perfect
I agree!

One of my most vivid memories of growing up in Saltcoats in the 60s is still the celtic/rangers protestant/catholic bigotry. Being asked which team you supported was potentially a route to getting a battering. So much so that I opted out completely, and hate all football to this day. I think that Scotland would be a better place without the "old firm" nastiness.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

To be fair though, it's not just the old firm, there is a similar situation with Hearts and Hibs - and going south of the border between Liverpool and Everton - and I am sure if you looked deeper into any local derby you would fine bigotry - religious or not - at the heart of the rivalry. Without some of the big spending larger clubs, Scotland would not be able to compete at a European level - even if we dont last past the early rounds.

Meg
mike mccann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mike mccann »

It was pointed out on the radio today that if you write out the names of the first four teams in the Premier League in reverse order i.e. Hibs , Motherwell , Rangers , Celtic , you will note that the intials are H M R C !
Make of that what you will .
phands
Settling In
Settling In

Post by phands »

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs?