West Kilbride circa 1916

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
geomacintyre
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

West Kilbride circa 1916

Post by geomacintyre »

This postcard from West Kilbride was sent to France and is postmarked August 1916. It shows the view from Law Hill - Roy McMillan of Law Hill farm was in my year - and Meg's - at Ardrossan Academy.
Attachments
West Kilbride circa 1916
West Kilbride circa 1916
What we do for ourselves alone dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. - Albert Pine
jimmcisaac
Settling In
Settling In

Re: West Kilbride circa 1916

Post by jimmcisaac »

If I remember correctly George, didnt Roy's grandad slept in a caravan at the back of the farm so he could be near the animals. Didn't we spend a new years eve up there first footing Roy's family.
geomacintyre
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by geomacintyre »

He did and we did, it was a good night if I recall.
What we do for ourselves alone dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. - Albert Pine
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

love the postcard. I used to work along with my school chum Roger Battini at Low Drummilling Farm in the middle of the town. We were supposed to be at school but we worked unofficially for Ninian and Neil Jack and the local farmers used to share implements and I remember taking stuff up in a VW van up to Robbie McMillan's farm right at the top of the hill up a stony bumpy track. Are there 2 Law farms, one called Law and the other Law Hill farm. The one in the picture looks too near the town to be McMillan's. In my time there used to be a tractor boy called Jock who frequented the Pisani's Central cafe who worked at the lower farm.
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

just checked the maps ... Law Farm is closer to the town and further up the same track is Lawhill Farm