adverts

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

adverts

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

is it just me ? or is anyone else getting adverts when they open a post to read?

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: adverts

Post by Hughie »

Logged in Members don't see adverts on this bulletin board, Jimmy. If you're not logged in you will see adverts. This helps pay for the board.

Ensure your machine hasn't been compromised with a virus inserting adverts.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

no my laptop is fine Hughie,i never noticed I don't see them when im logged in lol

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Jim,

I read the news on a couple of daily newspapers and I am bombarded with ads every time I click on to read a subject, At times the ad takes up half the page, and only disappears when you read on. Its the same ads for weeks and weeks on end. Fortunately I only read the main headlines and don't subscribe to the newspaper, which as Hughie mentioned is ad free. There are other sites which don't have any ads like the BBC in the UK or the ABC out here in Aus. There is always the news on T.V, which I turn the volume off when the ads come on.

Wee Boney
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The adverts?

All browsers have ways of limiting "adverts" and they can be switched off within the setting of the browsers.
Google Chorme is really bad with the adverts.
What doesn't help in the case of papers is they ask you to accept the cookies, ( I have switched them off for over 2 years (it's now on a virtual daily job, and a pain in the backside, but it's my choice)
If you have them ,you can get rid of them. there is a ad search that you can run and you switch them off( I would not consider AdBlocker at all, in fact best to leave all third part stuff alone)
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

It you want to disable ad cookies.

have a look at youronlinechoices (dot)com ...It's a good info base
the blurb on the site....https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/pr ... ur-privacy