General Error message.

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

General Error message.

Post by michaelm »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\xA0 \xF0...' for column 'draft_message' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: threetowner@threetowners.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've came across this a couple of times but only when quoting a post from someone else and then trying to save it to my control panel as part of a larger draft.

If it didn't save properly then the above error message would appear. Eventually though I noticed that the person who's post I was quoting had obviously copied and inserted some other smilies/emojis/ into their post instead of choosing from the one's available. After I'd deleted these from the quote or replaced them with very similar meaning one's from on here though, the draft then saved without any problems.

Hardly an issue worth bothering much about as it doesn't seem to happen when posting any quote's directly, only when trying to save them as drafts - and I seldom do that anyway - so really just pointing it out in case anyone else happens to come across it.
:puter
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: General Error message.

Post by Hughie »

michaelm wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 am Hardly an issue worth bothering much about as it doesn't seem to happen when posting any quote's directly, only when trying to save them as drafts - and I seldom do that anyway - so really just pointing it out in case anyone else happens to come across it.
:puter
As you say Michael, it doesn't seem critical, but I'll see if I can replicate it when I get the chance. We're about to head to the bush while our eldest son and family have a much needed break up in Queensland to get away from our Winter - we'll be animal-sitting during the week ahead.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

General Error message.

Post by michaelm »

Hughie, as you say it's nothing important .. enjoy the break. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To replicate :

Quote this below that I've taken from another member's recent post and then attempt to save it as a draft - the general error message will appear.
😠 😠 😠
-------------

But if you quote this, where I've changed the smilies to the one's only available on here then it'll save as a draft without any problems.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
------------
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thanks for forwarding the details on that for me to replicate, Michael. I can see that error which is caused by the emoji images which were used. That minor problem has been fixed in the latest version of this software.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie- Tonight it seems to take ages to load up the forum. Nothing serious, just to let you know.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Just rose this morning and see this, I'll get onto the host.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

I've had this problem as well lately. It even happened when I clicked "Board index" after reading a post. The error message in each case was (loosely translated) "the website is taking too long to answer". It seems to be okay now, though.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

From the Host server. I'm hoping the outage and the reboot was to fix the earlier problem I wrote them about.
Hi Hugh,

Thank you for your email.

The server you're on experienced a small outage and needed to be rebooted. I have checked the site and I can see the website is back up.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions or inquiries please let me know.