West Linton alias Broomlee ResidentialCamp

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Bob Bryden
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

West Linton alias Broomlee ResidentialCamp

Post by Bob Bryden »

After considerable frustration & headaches here's the links to the Scots Magazine article on West Linton or more correctly Broomlee Residential Camp - fingers crossed that this finally works :o
Bob
Last edited by Hughie on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rescued this article by Bob, along with others held to ransom by Photomucket.
Bob Bryden
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

West Linton alias Broomlee Residential Camp

Post by Bob Bryden »

I forgot to mention - the 6 images/pages are displayed in reverse order - not what I intended at all. They should be read from the bottom up. One more thing - the reply I received from The Scots Magazine also mentioned there was another article on Broomlee Residential Camp in a 1952 issue. I have aranged for a copy to be either emailed or "snail-mailed" to me. Will post here when received.
Bob
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: West Linton alias Broomlee ResidentialCamp

Post by Catherine Belle »

Bob Bryden wrote:After considerable frustration & headaches here's the links to the Scots Magazine article on West Linton or more correctly Broomlee Residential Camp - fingers crossed that this finally works :o
Bob
Thanks so much for that Bob! Great article, lots of pertinent info.! I just kinda skimmed through it just now, but I plan to go back later and absorb every detail...so don't go deleting it from your Photobucket. Sorry it caused you so much grief to post, but ...ye dun good son!!
Thanks again for sharing. :D
Catherine :D
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi Catherine & Bob.
I also e-mailed for info, ''Broomlee " is still going strong, Schools, Youth groups, Adult groups,B.B,s still go there.
They have modernised 3 sections , so now these sections each have their own toilets and showers.
Still a lot to do to bring it up to standard, the place is 67 years old.
Kids can do all kinds of challenges to encourage self- esteem etc., but the main thing is to have fun.

Some day I would like to go and check the place out, for old times sake.
Hope this is helpful.
Joyce. :)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: West Linton alias Broomlee ResidentialCamp

Post by Hughie »

The the images in this article posted by Bob, like many others have now been recovered from the hijacking by Photomucket. :D