Kyleshill to Auchenharvie After Fire

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Kyleshill to Auchenharvie After Fire

Post by Hughie »

Sam Taylor sent me this photo which his wife is in. It's taken at Auchenharvie House after Kyleshill School was damaged by the Pringles garage fire. The only names we have at present are:
J McCallum - Eliz Bain - Ken Priestly - S Black - Eric McKelvie - Bobby
Murray and Sally Jameson. Can you add any names? Or give us a year?

Funnily enough today my wife and I had lunch with Sally and George O'Connor (over on a trip from Tasmainia) and Bobby and Netta McCubbin at Sorrento not far from Melbourne. Onyway, I've given Sally a copy of the photo and she'll see what names she knows and get back to the group. It's the first time she's seen the photo and is very pleased. Thanks Sam.

Hughie
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Sally (Jamieson) O'Connor and Sam Taylor have sent me the names they have compiled to go with this photo. If anyone else can help please contact me as I'll be uploading the photo to the School Photo Pages at threetowners.com in the next week or so. Here is what we have:

Back row L to R: J McCallum, N Patterson -or- David Breckenbridge, John Archibald, J Little, D Smith, J Swindle, S Charles.
Second row: W Dickson, Elizabeth Bain, I Gaw, Jeanette Robinson, Mary Smith, Annette Dickie, ????, Elizabeth Hume, Kenneth Prestley.
Third row: E Aitken, H Morrow, B Findley, Mary McKenzie, Jean Shaw, Margaret McLeod, Elizabeth McKelvie, ????, M Trotten?, S Russell, Sally Jamieson.
Front row: Stewart Black, Ronnie Barnes, John McLeod, ????, Eric McKelvie, Robert Murray.

Others that might be considered according to Sally are:
Moira Cairns, Barbara Findlay, John Beattie, John Local and David Brown.

Hughie
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Photo no 1

Post by salgeouk »

Wow, this is the only photo I have of me as a child. I had to really look to see who was me! I could still be wrong. Here are the names I remember.
Photo 1 Back Row. Left to Right.
J. McCallum?, Neal Patterson, John Archibald, John Little, David Smith, John Beattie. Donnie Clark,
John Swindle, Stuart Charles.
2nd Row.
William Dickson, Elizabeth Bain, Ina Gaw, Jeanette Robinson, Annabel Munn? Annette Dickie, Elizabeth Hume, Kenneth Priestly.
3rd Row,
Elizabeth Aitken, Annie Morrow, Barbara Findley, Mary McKenzie, Sally Jamieson, Margaret McLeod, Eric McKelvie, Mary Trodden, Sylvia Russel, Jean Shaw?
4th Row (Bottom) Left to Right
Stewart Black, Ronnie Barnes? John McLeod,????,Eric McKelvie, Robert Murray?

I vaguely remember a David Brown and Moira Cairns Margaret Jackson at this time
Can anyone fit them in to the photo?
Thanks Sam, This was a real buzz. Sally O xxx