The School Nurse

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The School Nurse

Post by brian f »

morag wrote: some with oily hair, guess the had nits.
It's now well known that nitties have no preference dirty or clean.When i was at primary if one of my sisters/brother had nits we would all be sent to bed with a horrible solution on ours heads and it would be washed off in the morning.Now parents can buy a 1 hour treatment. :D
Nitties are making a big comeback with the children taking group selfies. :evil:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

brian f wrote:
morag wrote: some with oily hair, guess the had nits.
It's now well known that nitties have no preference dirty or clean.When i was at primary if one of my sisters/brother had nits we would all be sent to bed with a horrible solution on ours heads and it would be washed off in the morning.Now parents can buy a 1 hour treatment. :D
Nitties are making a big comeback with the children taking group selfies. :evil:
It was the kids with the oily heads we knew had been treated, God knows what that stuff was. We thought nothing of it then, in retrospect it bothers me that a bit more sensitivity wasn't shown. How things have changed. Probably be lawsuits today!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Retsum wrote:I remember just before leaving Eglinton to go to the Academy we all had to line up and be examined by the school doctor and take the cough test. When she touched one of my mates (wont mention his name) he got an immediate erection which she hit with her pencil and told him to control himself. I suspect she was secretly chuffed.
We got told this would happen only a spoon was mentioned for hitting you. Turns out we didn't need to worry walked into the room and the doctor was a man :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

morag wrote: It was the kids with the oily heads we knew had been treated, God knows what that stuff was. We thought nothing of it then, in retrospect it bothers me that a bit more sensitivity wasn't shown. How things have changed. Probably be lawsuits today!
I was one of the kids with " oily heads" one year, after being infested by a cousin who came down from Glasgow during the summer. I was mortified when I was sent back to my classroom smelling very strongly of that horrible concoction that that heartless nurse rubbed into my hair!The smell permeated the whole classroom! I remember it like it was yesterday...:( Still do not understand why I was subjected to that humiliation! She should have just sent me home with a note.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

They say now that nits gravitate to clean heads.
Dropped in to our daughters one day and she was busy with the fine tooth comb. Scratched all the way home, had to stop at the chemist, who checked my hair and told me I was imagining it. Still scratch when I read about someone having nits.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

bobnetau wrote:They say now that nits gravitate to clean heads.
Dropped in to our daughters one day and she was busy with the fine tooth comb. Scratched all the way home, had to stop at the chemist, who checked my hair and told me I was imagining it. Still scratch when I read about someone having nits.
Thank God it's not just me! Been scratching my head since reading this topic! :lol:
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Just about describes my whole family when I came home that day....cousin slept with me. sheets, blankets, beds were boiled and fumigated... not to mention me... I was scrubbed so hard, almost went bald...and the fine tooth comb? ugh! I still scratch my head too when I think about it...
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

morag wrote: Thank God it's not just me! Been scratching my head since reading this topic! :lol:
Not funny! :(*
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote:
Just about describes my whole family when I came home that day....cousin slept with me. sheets, blankets, beds were boiled and fumigated... not to mention me... I was scrubbed so hard, almost went bald...and the fine tooth comb? ugh! I still scratch my head too when I think about it...
forgive, Cath, but it's kinda sick funny! And oor Elise too affronted to get the shampoo and sending me...lol!
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Does not work that way...otherwise I'd have sent Ann, Betty or john to take my place. I was called from the classroom...no warning and returned smelling and mortified!!!!! maybe you you know some thing I don't?
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote:Does not work that way...otherwise I'd have sent Ann, Betty or john to take my place. I was called from the classroom...no warning and returned smelling and mortified!!!!! maybe you you know some thing I don't?
She didn't have the lice, just a kid in her class did. She wanted a preventative? shampoo. But then, hanging your coat up on someone else's coat..
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote:Does not work that way...otherwise I'd have sent Ann, Betty or john to take my place. I was called from the classroom...no warning and returned smelling and mortified!!!!! maybe you you know some thing I don't?
She didn't have the lice, just a kid in her class did. She wanted a preventative? shampoo. But then, hanging your coat up on someone else's coat..
C.S.Lewis