Kyleshill Class Photo 1957-58

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Kyleshill Class Photo 1957-58

Post by Hughie »

Kyleshill Class Photo 1957-58. Source: Moira Cairns (Holmes)

Back Row: John Beattie, John Archibald, John Local, Donnie Clark, Jim Smith, John Little, Bobbie Neilly, John Swindle, Neil Paterson. 2nd.Row: Ann Morrow, Elizabeth Bain, Annette Dickie, Annabel unn, Ina Gaw, Elizabeth Hume, Janette Robinson, Sylvia Russell, elizabeth McKelvie. 3rd.Row: ??? Ronnie Barnes, Mary McKenzie, Moira Cairns, Sally Jamieson, Barbara Findley, Margaret McLeod, Eddie Graham, Bobby Murray, Davie Brown. Bottom Row: Eric McKelvie, Keneth McKenzie, John McLeod, Wllie Dixon, Peter Jamieson, Stewart Black, David Breckonbridge.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Kyleshill Class Photo 1957/58

Post by gnyaff »

3rd Row 5th from the left. Sally Jamieson. I'm sure that is Sally O'Connor of the Threetowners. Now living in Tasmania with husband George.

Wee Boney
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi wee Boney, yes that is Sally O'Connor ( Jamieson ) in the third row, we were in the same class. I've just joined the three Towner's and I found her just by chance while I was browsing that was luck, I haven't seen them for more than 45yrs so it was great getting in touch. How do you know Sally? Sherlock ( Moira )
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Oor Sally and George are well kent in Oz. We've all been in each others company many times over the years. :)
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Moira, I see Peter Jamieson in this class too. He is Sally's brother. He is due out to Aus soon, if he hasn't already arrived. We usually catch up with him when he is over here. Sally and George are good friends of ours.
Netta
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi Netta, yes Peter is in the photo and he arrived in OZ last Sunday. Sally, Peter and I were in the same class and sally and I used to hang about together. I just joined the Three towners and was browsing when I came across their name, what a surprise after nearly 45yrs, we keep in touch now. I'm sorry I didn't move to OZ all those years ago, a great opportunity missed, all the ex-pats seem to have had agood life over there. I didn't find James Barr as I am not on face book. Moira
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Moira,
I first came across Sally on this website some years ago, she had mentioned in a post that her Grandmother had lived at No. 8 Old Raise Road. I got back to her and told her that my friend David Murphy had lived there with his Grandmother in the Fifties and Sixties. it turned out that Sally and David were cousins. We met up a the reunion of 2003 in Albury New South Wales and we had a good yarn about David. It turned out that I knew Peter who was David's cousin, but I was unaware that he and Sally were brother and sister. We had both been trying to find David as he has not ben heard of for years, Sally for the reason that he is family and cares for his welfare. Me, I have not seen him since I was seventeen to wish him well and ask what sort of life he has lived and tell him about mine. We are still trying to track him down as he appears to have vanished.
If you look on the website at the reunions you will see pictures of Sally and George and a few other who use the website.

Wee Boney ( formerly of Auchenharvie Road)
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi Wee Boney, I see you come from Saltcoats, what school did you go to and who was in your class? I went to Kyleshill so did my Partner Davy Gibson!
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Moira,

I went to Kyleshill, if you look at the 1953 photo you will see the whole class from that year. I did have a Sandy Gibson in my class. There was another Gibson by the name of Brian, he seemed to disappear early in the piece and I don't know if the family moved away. I thought there was another school photo with me in it, in the top row at the back which was taken in 1957.

Hope this helps.

Wee Boney
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi Wee Boney, Sandy Gibson had a brother Chris who was in my sister Esther Cairns class at school Brian Gibson had two brothers and a sister William, Rae and David who lived in the bungalows next door to ( Fearless ) Brian and William are both deceased and David is now my Partner.