Eglinton School Photo C1954

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Eglinton School Photo C1954

Post by Hughie »

This was my class but myself and my two pals Billy Adams and James McCall are missing. I was probably sick or in Seafield Hospital in Ayr - had awful bad tonsils at that time. I certainly know all the faces, but the names escape me. I'll patch up the photo and put it in the School photos at https://www.threetowners.com

Photo courtesy of Molly Fleming in West Australia

Back row L to R: James MacDonald, Ronnie Morris, Dougla Thomson, ?, Billie McKinnie, Kenneth Cadenhead?, Jim Watt, ?, John Clark, George Johnston, ?, Jim Armstrong, Ian McCallum.

Middle row: ?, ?, ?Thomson, Jessie Sim, ?, ?, Marion McCrindle,, Miara Boag, Jean Black, Mary McCrindle, ?.

Bottom row: ?, ?, ?, Isobel Aitken?, Nancy ?, ?, ?, ?, Molly Fleming.

Can anyone fill in the gaps?
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

eglinton photo

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Hughie isnt that coky Adams back row middle with dark pullover wee fat face I dont recognise dougie Thomson, photo is a bit dark
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Sorry for the late reply Harry. That's definitely Jim Watt he lived at the Kirkhall Drive end of Beggs Terrace and yes that is Dougie Thomson too.
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

eglinton photo

Post by harrysteell »

Hi hughie sorry I got it wrong now that you have pointed it out I remember big jim watt I can also see dougie, the photo. ardrossan dockyard engineer dept. 1956 front row second from the right is duncan deans who was the step son of my uncle james from winton st. is bobby flemming in the photo ?
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: eglinton photo

Post by Sarah »

Hi Harry, not sure if there is a Bobby Fleming, in the group,
but I know 4th from the left top row is Ian Fleming.
Regards Sarah
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Ardrossan dockyard .

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Sarah I meant George fleming it was the Ardrossan dockyard engineers dept photo. I was referring to I did know a Bobby fleming from Ardrossan , thanks for your reply. (1956)
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Ardrossan dockyard .

Post by Sarah »

Hi Harry, George Fleming, is a friend of mine knew his family well.
George did his apprenticeship with the ICI, had a brother called Ian and one called Bobby. there is a Photo of George in the recollection page,
hope we are talking about the same family?
Sarah
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

bobby fleming

Post by harrysteell »

Hi sarah thanks for your response I think bobby lived on glasgow st. I think george might have been an older brother bobby was about 2 years older than me but he was a friend of b. stewart ardrossan and I hung out with them in my youth I also remember Ian tait from hill street I think my cousin James Steel lived at the top of winton st. next to the football ground bye for now .