Celtic's new Manager?

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Celtic's new Manager?

Post by Hughie »

Australian football woke up in raptures this morning to the news that former Socceroos boss Ange Postecoglou is set to take over as manager at Scottish giants Celtic, in an unprecedented move for the Australian game.

While the deal is yet to be completed, all of the major media outlets in Scotland are reporting that it is imminent, and that the 55-year-old from Melbourne will take charge of the 51-time Scottish champions. More
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Celtic's new Manager?

Post by Kittywake »

Don't think it's been confirmed quite yet Hughie but yes, Ange Postecoglou is currently the name being spoken about by Journalists and Celtic fans alike here in Scotland too. As you might guess, he's a bit of an unknown quantity to many folk over here, but he certainly has an excellent looking CV.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

New manager originally from Athens, so he's Athenian............ I'll get ma coat :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Bonzo,

Hopefully not but this move could also end up as Pi in the sky. I'll get ma coat too :wink:
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Not a Celtic man ... so i better hold my whisht //silent :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brian f wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:09 am Not a Celtic man ... so i better hold my whisht //silent :wink:
But, hang on a moment.. he has turned things around in such a short time . Next Sundays game could be interesting as his team are scoring for fun..and Rangers are shippin them in this season.Bit of a benchmark.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:28 am Australian football woke up in raptures this morning to the news that former Socceroos boss Ange Postecoglou is set to take over as manager at Scottish giants Celtic, in an unprecedented move for the Australian game.

While the deal is yet to be completed, all of the major media outlets in Scotland are reporting that it is imminent, and that the 55-year-old from Melbourne will take charge of the 51-time Scottish champions. More
What an unbelievable job he has done at Celtic park in his first season. No doubt his name is mentioned in the boardrooms - down South.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:11 pm What an unbelievable job he has done at Celtic park in his first season. No doubt his name is mentioned in the boardrooms - down South.
Yep, Ange has done well up till now by winning the first Trophy of the campaign (the Betfred League Cup) after basically building a new team from scratch in the summer. Top of the League now with 12 matches remaining but I reckon he'll need to win the Premiership Title this season as well before he's fully accepted by Celtic supporters.

As for being spoken about in Boardrooms South of the Border, I doubt he'd give any such talk like that even a second thought at the moment .. and rightly so.
Last edited by Kittywake on Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:43 pm
brian f wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:11 pm What an unbelievable job he has done at Celtic park in his first season. No doubt his name is mentioned in the boardrooms - down South.
Yep, Ange has done well up till now by winning the first Trophy of the campaign (the Betfred League Cup) after basically building a new team from scratch in the summer. Top of the League now with 12 matches remaining but I reckon he'll need to win the Premiership Title this season as well before he's fully accepted by Celtic supporters.

As for being spoken about in Boardrooms South of the Border, I doubt he'd even give any such talk like that a second thought .. and rightly so.

Before he is accepted by Celtic supporters? Come on Kittywake.. who do you want God..
Are you trying to tell me if Spurs, Newcastle or the likes of Leeds United approach him maybe not this year but next.. he would turn them down?
Welcome to the Real World.🤗
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:19 pm
Before he is accepted by Celtic supporters? Come on Kittywake.. who do you want God..
Are you trying to tell me if Spurs, Newcastle or the likes of Leeds United approach him maybe not this year but next.. he would turn them down?
Yep brian, before Ange is fully accepted by Celtic supporters he'll need to win the League. Maybe you've been away from Scotland for that long that you've actually forgotten the fact that there's only one Holy grail up here every single season for Celtic supporters and that's the League Title.

Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds United, Haha, all mostly reliant on tv cash and now just football dinosaurs. Ange will eventually leave Celtic for career development reasons or he'll get sacked, that's a given for every football manager.

The real world seems to be a wee bit beyond your comprehension. :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Or Leicester city, Aston Villa........wait a minute :think:
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:22 pm
brian f wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:19 pm
Yep brian, before Ange is fully accepted by Celtic supporters he'll need to win the League. Maybe you've been away from Scotland for that long that you've actually forgotten the fact that there's only one Holy grail up here every single season for Celtic supporters and that's the League Title.

Spurs, Newcastle, Leeds United, Haha, all mostly reliant on tv cash and now just football dinosaurs. Ange will eventually leave Celtic for career development reasons or he'll get sacked, that's a given for every football manager.

The real world seems to be a wee bit beyond your comprehension. :)
Kittywake- Thanks for the banter, loved it.
Just googled, comprehension- Another new word i learned.😂