Tennis ATP London

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Tennis ATP London

Post by glenshena »

Thoroughly enjoyed the final last night from London. The Greek player Stefano Tsitsipas, only 21, beat Dominic Thiem, 28, from Austria.
Tsitsipas is a phenominal new player, and I think he'll be a winner for many more years to come. He's young and tall and strong. I watched him beat Federer (who is now 38) on Saturday and was so enthusiastic about this new player that I had to watch the final. Theim has won almost every title and beat the worlds best players, but he lost against the youngTsitsipas. As far as I can remember there have never been Greek players in Tennis, but this year even the Italians are doing very well getting into the finals.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Tennis ATP London

Post by creamolafoam »

Watched most of the tournament, & as you say glenshena, tsitsipas is a star in the making, no question about it. Theim, Zverev & himself are now starting to get the upper hand ( marginally) on the big three, esp. on the atp 500/1000 series.
But they still have to make the step up, & it’s a big step mind, to win an elusive major title. I would still go with Djokovic, Federer & Nadal when it comes to the best of five sets as it is in the four big ones (Australian open, French, Wimbledon & US open) to still rule the roost.
But the tide is turning.
And best wishes go to Andy Murray in January, in the forthcoming Australian open.