Melbourne Cup - Prince of Arran

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Melbourne Cup - Prince of Arran

Post by Hughie »

Think I might put a few bob on Prince of Arran on Tuesday's Melbourne Cup. I'm unsure but it might be amongst the favourites as it won our local Geelong Cup last week. It took a 3rd place in the Melbourne Cup last year.

As the commercial says - gamble responsibly
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Melbourne Cup - Prince of Arran

Post by creamolafoam »

Finche for me, but really it is wide open again. Went to check the betting & noticed there are 18 meetings on in Australia today :shock:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Put my money on Prince of Arran, had to ask a lovely young man to help me put the bet on, it was one of those new fangled machines😂.
Last edited by bobnetau on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Taping the race. Just put a small bet on Prince of Arran as it's my local trained horse "Newmarket" and of course the name. It's 16/1 with Ladbrokes. Good luck !!
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Prince of Arran came third again same as last year - ran a great race. Hope you backed it each way, Netta. Three races to go and for the first 7 races I have two 1st a 2nd and a 3rd with Prince of Arran. Wife isn't doing to well with a scratching and a third. It's the only day we have a bet. State public holiday here for the cup.

Oops! There has been a protest. Prince of Arran could move into 2nd.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Prince of Arran Hughie has been upgraded to second place due to an upheld protest. Master of reality was relegated to 4th
So ill paradiso came 3rd.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Just seen that Margaret. I've now a 2nd and 3rd in the cup. Only had $5 each way on both - I could end up in profit after a total outlay of $66.00.

Still it's saddens me the revelations this week about horses that don't make the grade being sent to the knackeries here in Australia. Our daughter refused to have a bet because of this. The racing industry here is now on notice as it rightly should be.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hughie wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 am Prince of Arran came third again same as last year - ran a great race. Hope you backed it each way, Netta. Three races to go and for the first 7 races I have two 1st a 2nd and a 3rd with Prince of Arran. Wife isn't doing to well with a scratching and a third. It's the only day we have a bet. State public holiday here for the cup.

Oops! There has been a protest. Prince of Arran could move into 2nd.
I backed it for a place, Hugh.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I backed it on the nose (to win ) it was only £2 as it is a bit of a lottery . Good race though and fair play to the handicapper . This race now is similar to the Grand national with all the protests...