Post by John Donnelly »

Well said CF. I heartily agree. JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by brian f »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:35 pm
brian f wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:31 pm Seems to be a lot of aggro up the road with regards to the outcome of this year's SPL- Celtic champs - Hearts relegated?
Nearly a thousand people dying per day in the UK, so I don’t give a monkeys about football at this time. I personally think I will be extremely lucky to be back inside ibrox this year.
Hughie and Meg. Please can you consider suspending the Threetowners forum until further notice ? Members who have a positive attitude are now criticised for posting anything else but the Coronavirus by a couple of members. One who has not got the decency even to show solace to a fellow member who has passed away.The negativity at times is unbelievable.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:31 pm Seems to be a lot of aggro up the road with regards to the outcome of this year's SPL- Celtic champs - Hearts relegated?
Nearly a thousand people dying per day in the UK, so I don’t give a monkeys about football at this time. I personally think I will be extremely lucky to be back inside ibrox this year.
There is a specific forum for any comments on the Coronavirus - this topic is for the Scottish Premiership - please keep on topic.

Meg
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:36 pm
Hughie and Meg. Please can you consider suspending the Threetowners forum until further notice ? Members who have a positive attitude are now criticised for posting anything else but the Coronavirus by a couple of members. One who has not got the decency even to show solace to a fellow member who has passed away.The negativity at times is unbelievable.
Brian, your comments were meant for me. Regarding the lady that has passed away, I didn’t personally know her or the other 16,000 souls that have died through the coronavirus in this country, but I can assure you they they are on mine & probably everybody’s thoughts and may they rest in peace.
And I myself try to be positive daily, esp as I’m caring for a 83 yr old. And maybe I was crass in my comments regarding the latest on the Spfl situation, as football & (the gee gees) were my main go to place for sport, but as I said , it will be a long time off before there is another ball kicked.
As for me, I won’t be posting again on the threetowners forum, as much as I enjoyed the banter.
Thanks.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks for your kind reply creamolafoam. It's a tough time for all of us during this PANDEMIC and my thoughts are also with the family's of the deceased.If you choose not to post again on the forum i wish you luck- you do know your sport! and will be missed.

One comment i have to make however is- If the Gers happened to be 13 points clear in the Spl at the moment you would be screaming out for the title to be awarded to the boys in Blue //funny
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Yip brianf, but here's hoping we see some closure on it soon. The vast majority of Clubs voted in favour of a Resolution put forward by the SPFL board as to how final placings should be decided if for any reason the remaining fixtures were not able to be completed. One Club in particular who voted against it then decided to kick up a wee stink when the resulting vote didn't go the way they were hoping.
In my opinion that's about it in a nutshell really. :)
Last edited by Kittywake on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Sorry that's not how I see it. Of course the decision was made for the lower divisions, and Celtic will shortly and correctly be named champions as the SPL season is drawn to an end, but the stink I believe is being kicked up because of the incompetent manner in which the SPL conducted the ballot. In what other ballot would there be what is tantamount to a running commentary on how the vote is going or allowing a completed vote to be withdrawn and changed after the closing date. It is correct that if Rangers do have evidence of corporate wrong doing that it is submitted to persons independent of SPL . The fact that an independent inquiry is not being arranged by SPL, where this evidence can be confirmed or refuted, suggests to me that maybe just maybe there has been foul play at work. As has been said SPL should not be allowed to mark their own homework.
I don't think Rangers would have caught Celtic based on recent form but I think Hearts may have saved themselves from relegation. Partick Thistle certainly were in a position to save themselves.
SPL have previous for Incompetence and once again have scored an own goal and allowed Scottish football to become a laughing stock.
I just hope that when Celtic are made champions that they have some decorum and don't taunt Rangers supporters because I think this is what is behind Rangers' being so bitter about the situation.
Regarding Three towners falling out about something we cannot influence come on lads Lets agree to disagree without being disagreeable. :D
I'm going to step down off my soap box now.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

The bizarre thing about this for me just now is that the club doing all the accusing seem to be trying to play some imaginary victim card and are acting as though it's they themselves who are being accused.

Evidence? .. We don't need to show no stinking evidence! :lol:
Last edited by Kittywake on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

So briefly Celtic are champs and rightly so... Have Hearts got a case for relegation ?
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:43 pm So briefly Celtic are champs and rightly so ... Have Hearts got a case for relegation ?
brian f, yip, Celtic I think were deservedly crowned 9 in row Champs earlier today after unanimous agreement by all 12 Premiership clubs that the 8 or so fixtures remaining for each team were unlikely to be played.

As far as the fate of Hearts and others are concerned I think there might be a wee bit to go yet in that particular debate, need to wait and see.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

If this was a unanimous decision by the clubs I think we will see the leagues reconstructed.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo, pretty sure yesterday's decision to end things now wasn't challenged by any of the 12 premiership clubs, hence why it was widely reported in the press as being a unanimous one. After the way the original first vote went, the SPFL board were left holding all the aces.
I think Hearts and other teams - who I do have sympathy for - are still weighing up their options. Maybe league reconstruction hasn't been totally binned yet.