Post by bonzo »

:lol: :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by brian f »

Bruce and bonzo- Is it possible you both have a flat tyre . Looking forward. And so will a lot of others. :puter
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I've had other things on my mind for the last few weeks..... being "Father of the Bride" takes a lot of time and effort //funny

Hopefully back out this weekend, if the weather is kind.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Bruce wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:56 pm I've had other things on my mind for the last few weeks..... being "Father of the Bride" takes a lot of time and effort //funny

Hopefully back out this weekend, if the weather is kind.
Dont remind me apparently my daughter requires the fool works.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I've been out loads just not going anywhere different, I had a new record month in July with 522 miles. I've been getting out 3 or 4 times a week but it's either largs or Alloway on a Saturday and Prestwick or Ardrossan straight from work Monday, Wednesday and some Fridays. Just mile munching on autopilot :lol: Hopefully I will get a wee bit more adventurous before the summer is oot.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Got out this morning - first time in 3 weeks!

From Saltcoats, along Dubbs rd to Kilwinning. Fiveroads, Benslie then Torranyard. Headed towards Stewarton, about half way there branched left and followed some farm roads, eventually ending up at Dunlop.

Through the village and past the station, then more back roads, ending up at the Dunlop Dairy farm shop. Wee cup of coffee, then through Stewarton. Minor diversion because the railway bridge was closed, then back towards Torranyard, then home by the same route as I started.

Nice morning - dry, weather mild, and lots of cyclists out.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Bruce wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:44 pm

Through the village and past the station, then more back roads, ending up at the Dunlop Dairy farm shop. Wee cup of coffee, then through Stewarton. Minor diversion because the railway bridge was closed, then back towards Torranyard, then home by the same route as I started

Bruce- The next time you stop at the farm shop for a coffee.. Can you get me a pound of Paddy's Milestone and half pound of Ailsa Craig.
What great and appropriate names for the local cheese 🧀🧀
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I didn't get as far as the cheese counter. The Coffee & Cake counter was fine for me.....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I did say I was hoping for at least one more big run before the summer was out and all week the weather was looking good for yesterday. I've had it in my head for ages to cycle Bute, so went for it yesterday.

Left the house about 6.15am and it was really foggy so much so I had my lights on. By the time I got to Stevenston I was pretty wet but by Seamill the sun was starting to burn through the cloud.

Made really good time up to Wymess Bay and was there in plenty of time for the first ferry(9.05). 35 minute crossing and arrived in Rothesay. I decided to go clockwise round the island so headed down to kingarth and up the hill to Mount Stewart. At this point I must have missed a turn(although I really can't see how I managed it) I wanted to go over to the west of the island but I ended up back in Rothesay :smt102 . So up to Port Banatyne and onto Rhubodach where I had a wee rest and watched the ferry crossing to Colentrieve. I then went back to Rothesay and got the 13.05 ferry back to the main land.

Uneventful run back down the road although largs was absolutely chockablock and you could not have parked another car on the north shore. I got hame about 15.45 jumped in the shower and had a well earned beer.

That I think was my longest ever ride at 84 miles. Here's the relive video although for some reason all the photos are out of cinq.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1Ow359EWEO
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Sounds like a great trip. I've not been on a ferry this year, but still time I guess.

I did see 3 ferries this morning though - went from Saltcoats, through Ardrossan (ferry #1), Largs (#2) and on to Wemyss bay (#3). Turned there, and back by the same route.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:53 am I did say I was hoping for at least one more big run before the summer was out and all week the weather was looking good for yesterday. I've had it in my head for ages to cycle Bute, so went for it yesterday.

Left the house about 6.15am and it was really foggy so much so I had my lights on. By the time I got to Stevenston I was pretty wet but by Seamill the sun was starting to burn through the cloud.

Made really good time up to Wymess Bay and was there in plenty of time for the first ferry(9.05). 35 minute crossing and arrived in Rothesay. I decided to go clockwise round the island so headed down to kingarth and up the hill to Mount Stewart. At this point I must have missed a turn(although I really can't see how I managed it) I wanted to go over to the west of the island but I ended up back in Rothesay :smt102 . So up to Port Banatyne and onto Rhubodach where I had a wee rest and watched the ferry crossing to Colentrieve. I then went back to Rothesay and got the 13.05 ferry back to the main land.

Uneventful run back down the road although largs was absolutely chockablock and you could not have parked another car on the north shore. I got hame about 15.45 jumped in the shower and had a well earned beer.

That I think was my longest ever ride at 84 miles. Here's the relive video although for some reason all the photos are out of cinq.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1Ow359EWEO

Ian,

Thanks for sharing your journey.

I know many who read it would have appreciated . The photos and graphics are most welcome.

What has mrs b- got on her hand.... the fittest man in Irvine😃

All the best .

Brian.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Cheers Brian, as I've said before getting out on the bike is something I enjoy and enjoy sharing with you. Oh and by the way I'm far from fit :lol: