Post by bonzo »

Cheers Brian, as they say you can't get any wetter than wet :D
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by bonzo »

Day off today so another wee trip to Portencross. Only after I had fixed 3 broken spokes on my back wheel. Lovely afternoon for a cycle. Noticed as I was going through Stevenston they are starting to demolish caley court. Stopped at Asda and picked up a sandwich and a drink and on to Portencross, really busy there today lots of folk fishing and picnicking. Sat for a while and ate my piece before heading home. 30 miles today.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

This morning I headed for Troon. Onto the cycle path at ravenspark, through Irvine moor down to the harbour, beach park and the gailes rd it was really quite blawy so by the time I got to barrasie beach I stopped to watch the kite surfers whizzing along the shore line. From there along to the Prestwick end of Troon before turning back and I retraced my tracks back hame. 25 miles.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Today I headed the same way as yesterday. Out to Troon turned back but when I got to Loans I turned up past Dundonald then onto Gatehead and Kilmarnock. Up John Finnie St and round behind the train station to where the old Johnny Walker site was. From there back onto the cycle path and then back to Irvine. 32 miles today.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

New tyres and lights fitted yesterday getting ready for winter :cry: and today headed to Portencross again. I also bit the bullet and bought a helmet, felt a little strange to start with but soon forgot it was there.
Nice day for a cycle flat calm and no rain. 30 miles of rubber off my new tyres.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 pm :cry: and today headed to Portencross again. I also bit the bullet and bought a helmet,
A big welcome, To the middle age club bonzo . :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

//funny I think I joined that a good few years ago
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Helmets are compulsory in our state. Anyway, they help protect us from the dive bombing Australian Magpies during the nesting season which is approaching here. :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Down to Ayr this morning, followed the cycle path from ravenspark and ended up at Ayr beach. Came back along the main road and back onto path at prestwick.
Missed out Troon and Barrasie and back to Irvine.
We've been spoiled these past couple of day's with brilliant weather perfect for cycling. 35 miles today.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 pm Down to Ayr this morning, followed the cycle path from ravenspark and ended up at Ayr beach. Came back along the main road and back onto path at prestwick.
Missed out Troon and Barrasie and back to Irvine.
We've been spoiled these past couple of day's with brilliant weather perfect for cycling. 35 miles today.
Gold cup today in Ayr Bonzo - hope you missed the crowds. We left the town around 11ish and it was getting really busy then.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I was fine Meg, back in the hoose for half 11. Forgot about the gold cup until my mate text me to say he was on his way there.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

A trip to Prestwick this morning. Left Castlepark and headed to Ravenspark onto the cycle path at the recycling centre and through the moor and down to the harbour, where this weekend is the tidelines book festival with a gin tasting at puffers cafe (good job I don't like gin) :lol:
Turned onto the path at the beach park then along to Barassie and Troon, out past Prestwick airport and down to the beach. When I got to Bruce's well I turn back through the town and back on the cycle path at the airport then retraced my steps back to the hoose.
Another nice morning but it's definitely getting chillier. It just goes to show the difference in mileage when you go back along the beaches as my mileage was the same as last Saturday, 35 miles.