Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by Bruce »

Here’s my video. Only one photo, sorry :D

https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvxZp4GAB6

Haven’t done many routes around Bute - apparently some great routes over there. Only one I’ve done is from the Rhubodach ferry to Rothesay, as part of the “3 ferries” and “5 ferries” trips.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Bruce wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:00 pm Here’s my video. Only one photo, sorry :D

Haven’t done many routes around Bute - apparently some great routes over there. Only one I’ve done is from the Rhubodach ferry to Rothesay, as part of the “3 ferries” and “5 ferries” trips.
Relive coming up as private Bruce?
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

strange - can’t see anything wrong, and works when I access it not logged in.

Anyway - here’s the photo...

bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Haha, well earned :good:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Makes great reading bonzo and Bruce. :clap:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I agree. And it won't be long until a quarter of a million views. Well done the two of you.

Bonzo,

I notice you did Greenock to Largs via the the main road yesterday. Have you ever done the Old Largs Road (signposted "The Scenic Route"), starting off at Peat Road, Greenock, and coming out on the A78 in the centre of Largs, just short of Nardini's. I drove it a week past Saturday and noticed that it was very popular with cyclists.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I haven't PT, Bruce was up past Loch Thom the other week maybe that was the way he went?
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Yeah, that’s the way I go. It’s signposted “Brisbane Glen” from Largs.

Once you get out of largs, there’s a couple of miles of farm roads, when you get past the reservoir and caravan park it becomes single track moor road.

Once you get over the top, the road comes down to Loch Thom and forks. If you go left, you come about a mile later to Cornalees Bridge and the Greenock Cut visitor centre. Also a great wee cafe in the trout fishery next door. The road continues down to near Inverkip.

If you go straight on, it takes you round the side of Loch Thom, and down towards Greenock and Port Glasgow. Steep hill!
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

If anyone has a bike in the shed that they’re planning to bring back into service, the scottish government have a scheme where they’re funding up to £50 per person for a basic service and maintenance. https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/cyc ... pedalling/

It’s being administered by CyclingUK (which used to be the Cycle Touring Club), and there’s a map on their website listing all of the bike repair places that are participating. No need to do paperwork, just make an appointment at a participating dealer. http://www.cyclinguk.org/ScotCycleRepair
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

A wee jaunt down to Ayr this morning, roads all the way down and back up again. Nice morning with little or no wind. The bike numbers seemed to be down a good bit this morning although it looked like a lot more runners out and about. 40 miles.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I went the other way - Saltcoats to Seamill, Portencross, back to the main road, along past Hunterston castle then Largs. Turned there and back to ardrossan, down towards the harbour then right along the front to Saltoats harbour before heading back up the hill and home.

There were loads of bikes on the road - a few “racing snakes” and plenty of people just pooling along in the sun.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Ocht well it had to happen, long troosers full gloves and snood on this morning :cry:

Left Irvine and headed to the 3 toons, along the prom and through Saltcoats and Ardrossan before turning back at the end of North Crescent Rd along the High Rd and back to Stevenston. Up McGregor Avenue, Campbell Avenue up past the solar farm and back down to Whitehirstpark.

Through kilwinning town and up by the cemetery then on to Auchenteber. Turned right and back towards Irvine. At the Staincastle I went up Middleton Rd, through Perceton Row, Dreghorn, Drybridge and Dundonald.

Pointed myself back towards the coast. Barrasie, Troon and Prestwick before heading hame to Irvine. A lovely morning, quite chilly and towards the end the wind was getting up (annoyingly) but only for the last 10 miles. 55 miles this morning.