Scotland Football Team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by bonzo »

Stewart Regan has just resigned as chief executive of the SFA. Hopefully a broom will sweep through the 5th floor at hampden now.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm Stewart Regan has just resigned as chief executive of the SFA. Hopefully a broom will sweep through the 5th floor at hampden now.
bonzo- As you probably know, many Noises called for his head after he could not secure the services of Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill for the Scotland Joab...
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Brian, we took regan on in 2010 I think? He had left Yorkshire cricket in one of their worst states in their history (financially) he's a money man not a football man. I was brought up on Ernie Walker and Jim farry neither of them perfect but in my eyes they had Scotland at heart.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Ernie Walker. Nothing wrong with your memory bonzo :P
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm I was brought up on Ernie Walker and Jim Farry neither of them perfect but in my eyes they had Scotland at heart.
Your memory must be failing you here bonzo.
Jim Farry had Scotland at heart ??? :lol:

He was sacked after it was found he deliberately held back the registration of striker Jorge Cadete to Celtic just before an important match.
Whatever that guy had at heart, it certainly wasn't Scottish Football.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Wasn't talking about league football Michael or the clerical oversight :lol: I was talking about the fact that during his tenure Scotland qualified for 2 world cups and 2 European championships.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I reckon they should offer Celtic's Peter Lawwell the job on a part time basis bonzo, as according to some it's the bold Pete who's really running Scottish Football nowadays anyway. :lol: :wink:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha Michael, sometimes your funny and you don't even know it?
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Aye, I was hoping that cheeky wee suggestion might raise a chuckle or two bonzo. :)
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Alex McLeish just been announced as the new Scotland manager.
Sfa must have been working overtime to make that appointment eh? They are weird bunch at sfa. Big Eck will no doubt give it his all & has done well in the past in Scotland, & I wish him well.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

It's been on the cards for the past week. Wouldn't have been my choice by a long chalk, but trying to take positives from the appointment he is probably one of the most successful Scotland managers statistically.
Outwith his time with rangers he has also won the league cup in England with Birmingham, been promoted with hibs and took motherwell to a 2nd place finish in the spl. So we'll see.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 pm It's been on the cards for the past week. Wouldn't have been my choice by a long chalk, but trying to take positives from the appointment he is probably one of the most successful Scotland managers statistically.
Outwith his time with rangers he has also won the league cup in England with Birmingham, been promoted with hibs and took motherwell to a 2nd place finish in the spl. So we'll see.
Good post that bonzo- Who would be your choice then ? I would have gone for Stevie Clarke or Neil Lennon, both have done well this season at Rugby park and Easter road, but would they want the job ...