What are you reading now?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by Catherine Belle »

bobnetau wrote:Catherine, I agree with Sarah, you will enjoy The Power of Ine and most likely read other Bryce Courteny books. I have a few in the bookcase for a rainy day.
Lucky you, Netta! I'm probably going to add to my collection of one, now that I have heard from you and Sara.:)
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I have just finished reading " I'll take you by the hand" by Romina Power daughter of Tyrone Power and Linda Christian, both Holywood film stars. It's the true story of a daughter looking after her dying mother until the end. Constantly by her side, reliving the past. Very sad. Another good book, an autobiography, is by the australian Tom Collins, from Queensland. He wrote "Walk a mile in my shoes" printed by central Queensland university press. A very inspiring read.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Just finished reading(for the second time) "Night Song of The Last Tram" a Glasgow childhood by Robert Douglas. Very moving and also funny at times. It touches on some things I lived through too.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Picked up Janice Galloways new Novel at the airport yesterday, CLARA. Makes very interesting reading, quite fifferent from ' this is not about me ' As it is set in Germany, and she uses a lot of german terms, did she go to live there?
irejim9
Settling In
Settling In

Post by irejim9 »

Just finished "All the light we cannot see" Anthony Doerr

Set in Germany through the war and has a really nice ending. Not all doom and gloom.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just finished with a struggle CLARA, Janice Galloways latest novel. Wonder if anyone else has read it. It was very dramatic, a true story of the hardships endured in Germany in the 1800 's by two young musicians/composers. Not normally the type of book I read, and I shall gladly leave it at Saltcoats library the next time I come over if anyone would like to read it. I'll stick to my autobiographies.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just finished 1342 QI facts it was indeed quite interesting :puter
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just finished ' night song of the last Tram' by Robert Douglas. Brought back lots of memories. Pity about all the sweary words though. Hard to believe a young child was allowed to swear so much.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I have just finished reading 'Pirate Alley' by Stephen Coonts about a cruise ship that was captured by pirates and the subsequent rescue, well written and a good read.
Another recent read was 'The Guilty' by David Baldacci about a lawyer who has been set up and arrested on a murder charge. Quite an intriguing story unfolds. David Baldacci is another great story teller.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

About ti start reading 'The Passenger',by Lisa Lutz.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Finished reading 'The Wrong Side of Goodbye' about a detective called Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly another excellent crime writer
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Twenty-five Years of Murder and Mayhem - The Inside Story of the 20th Century's Most Lucrative Armed Robbery
by Wensley Clarkson
Hardly a barrel of laughs but a strange tapestry with dark irony

The robbers thought they were going to steal £3.2 million in cash, but they found three tonnes of gold bullion and stole £26 million (approximately £500 million in 2017 pounds worth of gold, diamonds and cash.
The day following the theft Gold stock market prices escalated 20%