A Local Novel - The Aul' Man

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: A Local Novel - The Aul' Man

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Sally,

nice to hear from you again. Book two, 'The Big Man,' is progressing; - slowly I'm afraid. It's a busy year. We are selling our house and moving to another city, so that's keeping us off the street corners. The move is planned in November /December.

On top of that, I have resurected another project, about the rules of golf, at which, I am going hammer and tongs. I'm still contacting agents, but it's still hard. I thought I had one biting last month, but it turned out to be an irreputable crowd. Ah well, such is life. We're off in the camper to climes southern and, hopefully warm, this afternoon. We'll be away for four or five weeks, depending on when we get bored. The laptop is going with us, so I'm hoping to get some words down on paper, sitting in my swimming trunks in the sun.

I'm still plugging away. Watch this space !!

JD.
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hello John, I really want to read the second book! I'm picturing you sitting in the sun with bathers on and typing on a lap top! This does not compute as there is no mention of a glass of red! Enjoy your holiday and I hope you get plenty sunshine. Kind Regards Sally O xxx
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Sally,

that's us just back. Didn't write a word. Too busy relaxing with books written by others. I try to delude myself that this is research and/or seeking inspiration. Add a few glasses of red and ...... - you get the picture.

Anyhow, now it's back to auld claes and purritch.

JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I see John's book from an earlier edition of our home page has been captured on the wayback machine. You should be able to read it at the following link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150315032 ... ologue.htm
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Hughie,

thanks for this heads-up. - A couple of questions though.
1. To whom is this link available? Is it available to the whole web?
2. And if so, how does that work with my copyright?

BTW, The project has been somewhat changed since it appeared on the TTT's. It is now a trilogy with 370k words and covering four generations, ending in 2030.
I'm still beavering away with publishers and agents. I'm in contact with a publisher at the moment. They sounded positive and then the Corona raised its ugly head. I'll keep you posted. Who knows, you might see me on the bookshelves yet. :puter :hi: :P

JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

John, It originally was on the public domain so it could be seen and captured by anyone on the web back then. We never gave a thought to that back then. :?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:06 am Hi Hughie,

thanks for this heads-up. - A couple of questions though.
1. To whom is this link available? Is it available to the whole web?
2. And if so, how does that work with my copyright?

BTW, The project has been somewhat changed since it appeared on the TTT's. It is now a trilogy with 370k words and covering four generations, ending in 2030.
I'm still beavering away with publishers and agents. I'm in contact with a publisher at the moment. They sounded positive and then the Corona raised its ugly head. I'll keep you posted. Who knows, you might see me on the bookshelves yet. :puter :hi: :P

JD.

John-Wishing you the best of luck :D