BeeGees in Melbourne, Australia.

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

BeeGees in Melbourne, Australia.

Post by glenshena »

Enoyed 2 hours of BeeGees songs last night on Sky Arts. Their concert in the Melbourne National Tennis Centre in 1989, absoloutly packed out.
Were you there Hughie?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BeeGees in Melbourne, Australia.

Post by Hughie »

1989? No I didn't make it, I was living well out of Melbourne at that time. The last concert I was at in Melbourne was to see Joe Cocker - we originally deported him back in the early 1970s.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Hughie wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:03 am 1989? No I didn't make it, I was living well out of Melbourne at that time. The last concert I was at in Melbourne was to see Joe Cocker - we originally deported him back in the early 1970s.
I always chuckle at the fact that Joe Cocker (O.B.E.) and a few of his band members/friends/ were kicked out of Australia (of all places) simply for possessing some pot and supposedly causing a wee affray.

Due to public demand though he was back performing there in later years. :)
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

glenshena wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:41 am Enoyed 2 hours of BeeGees songs last night on Sky Arts. Their concert in the Melbourne National Tennis Centre in 1989, absoloutly packed out.
Were you there Hughie?
Didn’t see the BeeGees in Melbourne but saw them in Sydney. My best friend adores them so we had a weekend in Sydney . They performed at Sydney Olympic Park just prior to the Olympic Games.
Netta
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Netta, Get Bobby up for a dance :yahoo:

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

By chance saw their concert from Las Vegas 1997 on Sky Arts, always very enjoyable. Guest star Celine Dion, what a voice. A very thin and hairless Robin Gibb, who when he sangue 'I started a joke' looked so sad that methinks he knew already to be ill even though he died in 2012. Tomorrow I'll look out my BeeGees cassettes and play them while doing the housework.
Unfortunately I missed the first half hour of a two hour concert