Antique Road Show

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Antique Road Show

Post by glenshena »

Last night the programme came from Ayr! After visiting the local antique shops they visited Burns Cottage and Museum and narrated the Bards life. Seemingly he published 600 copies of a small book with all his poems
which are now worth £45.000 each! PT take note, perhaps you have one of them! Next week it will be filmed from Largs (Ayrshire), already the second time. Changing channels after to Alba, what a delightful surprise to see the Edinburgh Tatoo! It was wonderful, a sheer delight, seemingly watched by 220.000 people. Bands from Iran, Mexico, Switzerland and the USA all taking part. Not to mention all the Scottish partecipation, dancers and singers. It was amazing how they managed to project all the aeroplanes on the castle wall. And the Chelsea Pensioners from the last war still going strong. The finale with all the pipe bands was so wonderful, with Auld Lang Syne and Amazing Grace. Who knows if I may manage to get to see it sometime in real life. Must try and get a DVD next time in Scotland.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Antique Road Show

Post by Penny Tray »

glenshena wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm Last night the programme came from Ayr! After visiting the local antique shops they visited Burns Cottage and Museum and narrated the Bards life. Seemingly he published 600 copies of a small book with all his poems which are now worth £45.000 each! PT take note, perhaps you have one of them!

I wish :lol: !
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Allan Cunningham,wrote 8 volumes of the works of Burns I have 5 6 7 8 written in 1834 a little the worse for wear. I wonder if they are worth anything,they are originals.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm Must try and get a DVD next time in Scotland.

You can buy a DVD on line Glenshena - you can also register at that website for email alerting you when the tickets go on sale - usually December but be warned, it’s not a cheap night out! Dodds of Troon also run buses so your ticket price includes transport.

https://shop.edintattoo.co.uk/

Meg
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Sarah wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 am Allan Cunningham,wrote 8 volumes of the works of Burns I have 5 6 7 8 written in 1834 a little the worse for wear. I wonder if they are worth anything,they are originals.
I would certainly find out. Worth writing to the Antiques Road Show, or take them to the show when it comes to largs. Even 'Flog it' should it be in the vicinity.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Meg wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 am
glenshena wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm Must try and get a DVD next time in Scotland.

You can buy a DVD on line Glenshena - you can also register at that website for email alerting you when the tickets go on sale - usually December but be warned, it’s not a cheap night out! Dodds of Troon also run buses so your ticket price includes transport.

https://shop.edintattoo.co.uk/

Meg
Thanks for that great information Meg. Thats a great help. Wonder if there's a bus from Saltcoats.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

The Cronies in Stevenston ran a bus every year. My parents went several times.
JD.