Art Teachers

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
billymac
Settling In
Settling In

art teachers

Post by billymac »

Marydobson

Hi g,day to u

Read your comment
and thought!!!!

Life is now!!...... past,present,future.We can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time ....... is'nt life just great!
Future's cannot be destroyed ... only made.

Billymac
jim cochrane
Settling In
Settling In

Post by jim cochrane »

Aye Billymac and Frank, We've got yet another talent here in the Threetowners. Billy, I've had a look at your gallery and I'm very impressed. If I had to pick three they'd be Durham Angel, East End Children 1903, and Millenium Ball..... for a reserve I'd pick Isolation 3 which I found very deep. What were you thinking when you painted this one? Naw, dinna answer that... it's too personal.
Frank, you're also excellin' yersel' wi' yer twa hames.
Baith o' ye keep up the guid work..... an' it's nice tae see a' the ither responses in this wee forum also.

JKC
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

art teachers

Post by morag »

Hi Bill,
My sister and I, both keen on art, took night classes given by Mr. Strong. He was a great teacher and we thoroughly enjoyed his classes.
Your artwork is beautiful.
I do have some paintings from when I was in school as well as some more recent ones, if I ever get my act together I just might put them on the site! (maybe! ((if I'm a wee bit tipsy at the time it'll help!)) I'm a bit shy about it)
Morag.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Morag :shock: :D

Finally..someone dangled a carrot big enough to entice you out from the shadows. Thank you Billymac!
Don't be shy Morag, We'd love to see your work.

Catherine
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
billymac
Settling In
Settling In

Art Teachers

Post by billymac »

Hi Morag,

Albert Strong, Art teacher, Ardrossan Academy, was a wonderful Watercolorist and a fantastic teacher of art. We both benefit from his influence. I would love to see your work, 'cause I'm sure it will be good!. If you have the opportunity( by using a digital camera) please put them on this forum!
Hands Morag a small glass of her favourite drink so she gets a little tipsy whilst enjoying listening to George.... singing on the stage
billymac
Settling In
Settling In

art teachers

Post by billymac »

Jim,

The model for isolation was Kate Moss. To me Sex is an important element when painting someone of the opposite sex. It adds that extra ingrediant And women are DEEP and fascinating and provide that WOW
factor. The symbolic use of colour adds more. It was interesting that you enjoyed the "Millenium" painting. In the background is the "Angel of the North" and New York and the Twin Towers (as was). Interesting 'cause it was painted late 1999.

Thank you for taking the time to Look

allthebest
Billymac
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hi Bill,
I thoroughly enjoyed your website. :D
The paintings I liked most are Fishing Boats, Holy Island and Girl with Blue Hat.
Take care :P
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hi Catherine,
I'm just lazy - it was easier getting threetowners email in my inbox than going onsite and following along!
As to the artwork, I'll have to wrest the digital cam away from my son if ever I do get squiffy enough to share!
Morag
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I meant to add, I remember as a teenager standing outside Kyle Studios and they had 2 William Russell Flint, most likely prints, beach scenes for sale for about !00.00 pounds each. If only I'd had the money...I actually thought of trying to get a bank loan :lol: Used to stand there and drool every day 'til they replaced them....[/quote]
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

morag wrote: I remember as a teenager standing outside Kyle Studios and they had 2 William Russell Flint, most likely prints, beach scenes for sale for about !00.00 pounds each. If only I'd had the money...I actually thought of trying to get a bank loan :lol: Used to stand there and drool every day 'til they replaced them....
Morag, just Google his name..and voila`! you can drool to your hearts content :D
Catherine
billymac
Settling In
Settling In

Art teachers

Post by billymac »

This topic seems to have reached an end.I was wondering if any of you guys would like to visit my website and leave a comment on my new guest page. My website is http://www.williammckinnie.co.uk.
Ps I will be visiting Morroco at the end of the week,so when I'm lying in the sun', I'll be thinking of you all.
Hava g'day Billymac
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Art teachers

billymac wrote:This topic seems to have reached an end.I was wondering if any of you guys would like to visit my website and leave a comment on my new guest page. My website is http://www.williammckinnie.co.uk.
Ps I will be visiting Morroco at the end of the week,so when I'm lying in the sun', I'll be thinking of you all.
Hava g'day Billymac
Hi Billymac :D

Hope you had a wonderful vacation in exotic Morroco!
I recently talked Morag into sharing some of her art work with me..She is very talented..Also very shy. After a bit of wheedling and persuading on my part, she finally agreed to let me post these original water colours on her behalf, for the group to see.

#1-Callas
#2-Poinsettias
#3-Desert Scene

Hope you all enjoy! :D

gb

(ps) Hughie, they are showing larger than I thought they would..I don't know how to adjust the size so that they don't take up so much space..You are great at that kind of computer wizardry..Can you fix it? or is it okay to leave them like this?

See further in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=146076#p146076
Last edited by Hughie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry we lost the originals, but I've made a link above to further on in this topic to the images