UNSLOVED LOCAL CRIME 1976

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
danae
New Poster
New Poster

UNSLOVED LOCAL CRIME 1976

Post by danae »

DNK if this has been posted before ,but I thought some local people may actually remember this crime and know the victim.. and who knows .. maybe solve an unsolved local mystery......https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/s ... -ayrshire/
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: UNSLOVED LOCAL CRIME 1976

Post by Penny Tray »

Danae,

The following is, I think, the last post on the subject. I don't think any trace of Patricia was ever found.

GLASGOW HERALD
8 JANUARY 1987

DECISION SOUGHT ON MISSING DAUGHTER

"The mother of a Saltcoats girl who vanished 10 years ago is to ask a court to declare her daughter dead.

Patricia Sheila Black, of 10 Dykes Place, was last seen while waiting for a bus outside the Turf Hotel in Eglinton Street, Irvine, on Saturday, October 9, 1976. She had spent a day shopping in the town.

During the day she was seen walking through the shops with some men and passers-by claimed one of the men walked Patricia, who was 22, to the bus stop that night.

The police investigation, headed by Detective Superintendent Derrick MacAllister later began and frogmen dragged the River Irvine, where a week later Patricia's handbag was found."

When she disappeared, Patricia, a local factory worker, was wearing a cream dress and brown fur jacket but no traces of clothing have been found.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
douglaslsutherland
New Poster
New Poster

Re: UNSLOVED LOCAL CRIME 1976

Post by douglaslsutherland »

Pat worked at a sandwich/hot/cold rolls shop next to Jocks Lodge public bar, Princes st. Ardrossan.
She was a friendly, cheerful girl. We would get our morning roll there when working as an apprentice printer at Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald Office. Next to Kerr Baillies garage. Crawford s newsagent, next to Harbour Port authority office, started hot rolls. Went there instead. Delicatessen it wasn’t !! Started making oan lunch not long after that..
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: UNSOLVED LOCAL CRIME 1976

Post by exile »

douglaslsutherland wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:16 am Pat worked at a sandwich/hot/cold rolls shop next to Jocks Lodge public bar, Princes st. Ardrossan.
She was a friendly, cheerful girl. We would get our morning roll there when working as an apprentice printer at Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald Office.
Very sad, Doug, I can just remember it at the time, but didn't know anybody who knew her 'til now.
Jo D.