Trades Hotel, Stevenston

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Trades Hotel, Stevenston

Post by Hughie »

Kilmarnock Herald
July 4 1947

Drunk and Incapable.

Some amusement was caused when Patrick Haggarty, labourer Trades Hotel, Stevenston, appeared on a charge of being drunk and incapable in Countess Street, on Saturday evening.
When asked by the Provost if he pled guilty or not guilty, he replied, “Oh yes, guilty, sir, and I'm thankful that the police lifted me!" Pat paid for his pleasure to the tune of 10/-.

Anyone know where the trades hotel was located?
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Trades Hotel, Stevenston

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hughie, according to the 1937 directory it was in Portland Place.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thanks, Irene. :think: I imagine with the location it would have housed mainly Ardeer foundry workers.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

This'll be as useful as a chocolate watch for some reason I think it was beyond Steele's buses and same side. on the Trust side there were more or less derelict tenement flattened to build the industrial estate, not that they needed much flattening,
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 0802 »

stivis wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 pm This'll be as useful as a chocolate watch for some reason I think it was beyond Steele's buses and same side. on the Trust side there were more or less derelict tenement flattened to build the industrial estate, not that they needed much flattening,
It was roughly where the last garage is now. There was a pic on the saunter in stinston thread a few years back.