Sheltered housing @ Caley Court Stevenston

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Sheltered housing @ Caley Court Stevenston

Post by creamolafoam »

Went by it today & the whole lot is boarded up, which I found strange. ( those at moorpark West)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Sheltered housing @ Caley Court Stevenston

Post by bonzo »

I stayed in new st when they were being built. The building site was a bit of a playground for us weans. No security and definitely no health and safety. Great times and I remember we always came hame with pockets full of nails :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Passed this morning I see what you mean. I'll get isa (my wee sister) on the case she knows everything :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Glencairn House, Stevenston (NAC) is a sheltered housing complex which will replace
two of North Ayrshire Council’s oldest and now unsuitable bed-sit type sheltered
accommodation at Afton Court & Caley Court. The site benefits from good transport links and
is in close proximity to a number of amenities including shops, the library and the health centre.
The new complex will deliver 28 one and two bedroom properties. To maximise the potential of
the site, the development will be built over three floors with all flats benefitting from a balcony.
Communal facilities such as a scooter store and guest bedroom will also be included within the
development. Construction is underway and is expected to be complete by March 2018.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

I used to regularly visit various elderly acquaintances in different accommodation within the three towns area. In my opinion, far and above the rest was Caley Court. I was very impressed by the staff , most of whom I met and spoke with. I was taken by how they interacted with the elderly residents in stimulating pastimes , quizzes, spelling games, magnetic darts, etc . In some other establishments, the television was switched on and they were to all intents and purposes, left to their own devices. At Caley Ct . I detected a genuine interest by the staff , including the catering personnel, in the residents. It was as close to a family relationship as one could imagine. It was beyond my wit , to understand why these premises were chosen for closure, thus subjecting the already vulnerable residents to unnecessary upheaval and transferral to strange and inferior accommodation. No doubt some unconcerned beaurocrat will be able to provide a glib but, unconvincing reason. I wonder if the residents or their relatives were ever consulted ?.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

tapnagol wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:34 pm I used to regularly visit various elderly acquaintances in different accommodation within the three towns area. In my opinion, far and above the rest was Caley Court. I was very impressed by the staff , most of whom I met and spoke with. I was taken by how they interacted with the elderly residents in stimulating pastimes , quizzes, spelling games, magnetic darts, etc . In some other establishments, the television was switched on and they were to all intents and purposes, left to their own devices. At Caley Ct . I detected a genuine interest by the staff , including the catering personnel, in the residents. It was as close to a family relationship as one could imagine. It was beyond my wit , to understand why these premises were chosen for closure, thus subjecting the already vulnerable residents to unnecessary upheaval and transferral to strange and inferior accommodation. No doubt some unconcerned beaurocrat will be able to provide a glib but, unconvincing reason. I wonder if the residents or their relatives were ever consulted ?.
I do know a good few have moved from Afton court & Caley Court to the new build at Glencairn House opposite glencairn primary. Certainly wouldn’t say inferior accommodation. Take a look
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Creamolafoam. Ok I have watched the video, and can't say I'm not impressed, I would rate the accommodation as superb but, perhaps I could have made it clearer that I was principally commending the staff at Caley Court. for their interaction with the residents. I did not find the same level of dedication and care at other such establishments within the three towns. I'm simply suggesting that care is about more than luxury accommodation.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

I see McLaughlin construction have started on a new build of 28 houses ( for pensioners I think) behind Misk Knowes/Trelawney Terrace. Think it’s over a yrs work. Heavy plant traffic been going up their sincethe turn of the yr.