Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Hughie »

Hi Marko, A warm welcome to threetowners. Hope you enjoy your stay, looking forward to hearing more from you. :)
Rustyduck
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Rustyduck »

I am Rustyduck ,i was born in Saltcoats Anderson Drive ,and i would like to know if any one on this site lives there now? :
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

A warm welcome to the threetowners Rustduck.

Meg
macaulay
Settling In
Settling In

Post by macaulay »

Hi, I'm Anna Smith(nee Graham). Born in Stevenston got married, moved to Saltcoats, and now moved to Edinburgh. Educated Stevenston Higher Grade, then Ardrossan Academy, later on Notre Dame College where I qualified as a music teacher.

Hugh, are you any relation to Margaret McCallum who is married to Ian Gillen?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Anna, A warm welcome to threetowners. :) Hope to hear more from you.
macaulay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 pm Hugh, are you any relation to Margaret McCallum who is married to Ian Gillen?
I'm unaware if this Margaret is part of my McCallum family, I've been gone from Scotland over fifty years and can't recall if there was a Gillen marriage. While I was born and grew up in Ardrossan, all my McCallum relatives lived in Saltcoats where dad and his dad were born - so you never know. :wink:
Jennie_Bancroft
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Jennie_Bancroft »

Hi all,

I'm Jennie - originally from very far south of the border, but now living in Irvine. Have been doing a lot of local history research and love this place as a resource, so thought I should finally come out of the shadows and join in the conversations! :smt039
Jennie B
A Sassenach in Irvine
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A warm welcome to threetowners, Jennie. Hope we can help with any queries you have. Enjoy! :)
sunnyspeople
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by sunnyspeople »

Evening All.

Just joined. Looking to learn more local knowledge and history of the three towns.

Sunnyspeople.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

sunnyspeople wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:31 pm Evening All.

Just joined. Looking to learn more local knowledge and history of the three towns.

Sunnyspeople.
A warm welcome to the threetowners Sunnyspeople - looking forward to reading your posts.

Meg
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm Hello David, and a warm welcome to the three towners. I think your dad worked at the Shell Mex with my dad (Jimmy Gordon). I remember both your parents - especially your dad and his practical jokes - he had the gift to make everyone laugh -

Meg
Meg, Mr McCracken was a lovely man. A great sense of humour. I am the proud owner of a few sketches he sent to Australia to me. He visited with us and saw how much I loved owls, went home and sketches duly arrived soon after.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hi Netta - yes he was one of a kind. He made my dads nameplate for the front door - it was brass and the letters were German Gothic font. It went to New Zealand to my brother Jim. Mr McCracken was sooooo talented wasnt he. Would love to see pics of his sketches. His wife (Elsie I think) also had a party piece, a wonderful impression of Donald Duck!!!!

Hope you and Bobby had a good Christmas and new year period. I’m in Vancouver with George for a couple of weeks - he’s here for four months.

Mx
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 pm Hi Netta - yes he was one of a kind. He made my dads nameplate for the front door - it was brass and the letters were German Gothic font. It went to New Zealand to my brother Jim. Mr McCracken was sooooo talented wasnt he. Would love to see pics of his sketches.

Mx
Meg, will see if I can look them out and copy them. Will email to you. Got family here at moment. Daughter moving to Geelong next week, but homeless at the moment.
Never got that email from you.