Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

imajrk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: POST REPLY

Post by imajrk »

aileen bryce wrote::D MY NAME IS AILEEN BRYCE WENT TO STEVENSTON PRIMARY AND HIGH SCHOOL 1955 TO 1966. LIVED IN CRAIGDENE DRIVE, NOW LIVING IN RICHMOND VIRGINIA USA. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE FROM THAT TIME. LOST TOUCH WITH MARION MITCHELL SHEENA BURNS HELEN NORWOOD ANN SMITH. MOVED WITH MY COMPUTER AND DID NOT DOWNLOAD MY EMAIL ADDRESSES.
Hi Aileen

You probably won't remember me, but I remember you from Craigdene Drive. Walked that route every day from school to Hayocks Road, next to
"the co". You had blonde hair if I remember right. I'm in Canada now; have been for 24 years. There were other families I remember from that time - the Wilsons, Clarksons, a police sergeant, Tammy Meenie's hall, the Kilpatricks, and I think also the Crossans. My name was Jean Park and lived at #130 Hayocks Road. Hope some of your friends reply.
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: POST REPLY

Post by Mac »

imajrk wrote: My name was Jean Park and lived at #130 Hayocks Road. Hope some of your friends reply.
I remember you Jean. You did me the honour of going to the La Scala with me once in about 1962 or thereabouts. It was our only date so I couldn't have made much of an impression :lol:
My name is Norman McLaren. I left Stevenston in 63, joined the navy, saw the world and am now back home. I do hope all going good for you in Canada.
strayowl
Settling In
Settling In

Post by strayowl »

I should have added this when i joined but better late than never. My name is Jacquie Campbell I went to both Winton and Stanley primaries and went to Ardrossan Academy from 74-80 I worked at A.T.Mays head office until 1988 when I moved to Dumfries. where I worked for the District Council. I stayed in Dumfries till 2002 When I moved to Berwickshire with my two sons. My parents are Jack Campbell (ardrossan) and Bette Agnew (saltcoats) I had One sister Liz who is 8 years older than me. I still have family in the 3 towns and love to come back and visit normally going home armed with bickets slice sausage, ayrshire tatties , kandy bar scones and no journey home would be complete without a visit to the plazzo and then a walk along the north shore in ardrossan.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hi, Jacquie. I wonder if you know my husband's neice who also worked in AT Mays, Margaret Campbell. I think she worked there around that time.
I booked my passage to Australia through AT Mays, the man who served me then had the surname Buchanan, I had gone to school with his brother Malcolm.
Netta
strayowl
Settling In
Settling In

Post by strayowl »

Hi Netta,

yes I remember Margaret although she is not related to me she is ages with me. I went to Australia when I worked there staff discount had the holiday of a lifetime My parents emigrated in 1958 and stayed in Victoria a place called Morwell and my mums family moved out after them so I still have relations in Geelong and Brisbane. My parents loved Australia but sadly my sister was allergic to the sun and they had to come back home, otherwise I could have been born out there. I loved it and would have stayed and hopefully one day will return. I travelled a lot when i worked for A.T.Mays but my favourite destination was Australia.

I was in a bus station in Brisbane and i wasn't sure what bus to get back to my Aunt's so i asked this couple which bus i should get, they both burst out laughing and said " what part of ayrshire are you from ?" turned out they had emigrated from Kilbirne about 20 years earlier and never lost their accent. Of all the people in the bus station I chose to ask some fellow scots :D
Lizal
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Lizal »

hi all my name is liz scott, i went to winton then eglinton 53=63married lived in greenock for a few years then came back and no reside top of saltcoats, have 4 married kids (3boys -1 girl) 8 gran weans (7 boys 1 lassie)methinks boys run pretty well in my family we are hoping our youngest son&fam will be going to aussie they are talking about it, so i will maybe get their yet? hugh how do you get the wee captions at the side?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Liz,

To add a caption at the left side of your posts just click on "Profile" at the top of any page here. :roll: Yep up there. go down the page a wee bit and fill in the line titled "Location". You can also go to the bottom of that page and add an avatar (wee picture) as in my boxing Kangaroo. Hope this helps.
knxyl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by knxyl »

Hello again ,Liz. If you are the same Liz who posted to Topica, welcome back. you sent super pics of old Saltcoats and of Saltcoats Victoria when they won the Junior cup in 1925. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but welcome anyway. Margaret.
eddiegibb
Settling In
Settling In

introduction

Post by eddiegibb »

I have stayed all my life in Ardrossan except 1 year and believe it or not missed it so much had to come back. I am 41, Married with 1 daughter and another on the way. I had a fantastic childhood growing up in Ardrossan and find it really interesting listening to others from my Mother and Fathers generation who grew up in the area, my fathers name is James and he and his parents and siblings stayed in Castle Road.
Schools I attended were Ardrossan Academy 1978-82 and Stanley Primary 1971-1978.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Welcome to the forum eddeigibb looking forward to your posts. You just might meet some old friends here. cheers

Josephine.
ellenyoung31
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

subject

Post by ellenyoung31 »

Hi Eddiegibb.
Nice to have you joining the group,
you will find they are a great crowd
and have great fun in chatting.
Best wishes. Ellen. :)
Birdie Jr
New Poster
New Poster

Hi

Post by Birdie Jr »

Hi,

Martin here, joined the forum after listening to my Dad (Peter) going on about the site for so long, I now live in Glasgow. Attended St. Johns, Stevenston '75-'82, the St. Andrews '82-'88.

So a big hello to all forum members.