rice pudding

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
penni orr
New Poster
New Poster

rice pudding

Post by penni orr »

I have a friend who is looking for a scottish rice pudding recipe. Here is the information that she remembers. Here is the request:Can you find a recipe for Scottish rice pudding? Cynthia Ruzich is Scottish and her mom used to make a rice pudding when she was young. She said her mom would make it by soaking the raisins the night before so they were so soft. The pudding was not sweet but milky, ricey, and rasiney. Do you know how to make it? If not, do you know where you can find some recopies? Thanks.
Penni Orr researching: Orr, Whiteford,Crawford
knxyl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by knxyl »

Penni, Are you the same Penni who posted to 3T when we used Topica?

Google all recipes ,then baked rice ,and you will find the old-fashioned recipe for rice and raisins.

I think I remember you were related to Orr the jeweller in Saltcoats? M.
penni orr
New Poster
New Poster

Post by penni orr »

yes, its been a long time since I visited threetowners. I have moved and have been busy with college students...........I was hoping for a Scottish version of a recipe. I will try google and see what happens...thanks , Penni Orr
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: rice pudding

Post by hahaya2004 »

penni orr wrote:I have a friend who is looking for a scottish rice pudding recipe. Here is the information that she remembers. Here is the request:Can you find a recipe for Scottish rice pudding? Cynthia Ruzich is Scottish and her mom used to make a rice pudding when she was young. She said her mom would make it by soaking the raisins the night before so they were so soft. The pudding was not sweet but milky, ricey, and rasiney. Do you know how to make it? If not, do you know where you can find some recopies? Thanks.
Hi Penni,
try this link

http://www.scottish-recipes.com/rice-pudding.html

Take care.....Irene :wink:
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
penni orr
New Poster
New Poster

Post by penni orr »

thank you Irene..........
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

hahaya2004 wrote: try this link
http://www.scottish-recipes.com/rice-pudding.html
Take care.....Irene :wink:
Hey Irene ! jist added that wee link (nae sosidge)
tae ma favorits, looks yummy.
:mrgreen: Josephine
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

penni orr wrote:yes, its been a long time since I visited threetowners. I have moved and have been busy with college students........... Penni Orr
Hi Penni! :D I see that, like me, you live in the 'Garden State' aka NJ?
Which part? I'm from Roselle Park, Union County.
Catherine
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

elvis1913 wrote: Hey Irene ! jist added that wee link (nae sosidge)
Hi Josephine.....it is!!!! an me oan a diet :roll: (ah hud it in the "don't look now" folder - that's whaur ah've pit aw ma "goodies" links :( ). Ah weel, ah've managed 5 kilos :D - juist anither 12 tae go..... :(
Bawn appetee.....Irene :wink:

p.s. here's yer sosidge, hen 8)

http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/ ... _index.htm
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
penni orr
New Poster
New Poster

Post by penni orr »

Hi Catherine, Yes, I did live in N.J. ........I will have to update my profile. We have moved to the wonderful state of Pennsylvania. I love it here. I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore, Union Beach to be exact but the cost of living and having a daughter in college in PA convinced us to move.....I was so busy with the move that I did lag a little in my computer stuff but I am back now..........haha..............Penni
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

elvis1913 wrote: Hey Irene ! jist added that wee link (nae sosidge)
Josephine, click on 'main courses'
there's a recipe there for Lorne sausages....See?..
http://www.scottish-recipes.com/lorne-sausage.html
Great link Irene!! :D
Catherine
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

penni orr wrote:Hi Catherine, Yes, I did live in N.J. ........I will have to update my profile. We have moved to the wonderful state of Pennsylvania. I love it here. I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore, Union Beach to be exact but the cost of living and having a daughter in college in PA convinced us to move.....I was so busy with the move that I did lag a little in my computer stuff but I am back now..........haha..............Penni
Aw!..An here was I looking forward to organising a mini 3T reunion for the NJ faction :roll:
Nice to meet you just the same Penni.
You were born and raised on the Jersey shore? We spent a lot of time at Spring Lake when my kids were little. We also visited Keansburg Amusement Park (close to where you lived) quite a few times.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your connection to the three towns..your parents from there?
Catherine